going crazy!!

My husband is in iraq. he just left 2 almost 3 months ago. I will be 3 months next week. He's been driving me crazy as well as my mom. Saying i cant drink this or eat that. My mom says well i didn't do it w/ you . Everyone tells me every pregnacy is different and always ask your doc. So i'm askin my doc. Is anyone else going through this as well? Any way i can do something about them bossing me around?

Oceanmomma.

Asked by Oceanmomma. at 9:20 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah tell them this is ur baby and not theres and to mind there bus. and as far as ur husband tell him its not far to tell u that since he isnt here and its ur body
    Anonymous

• I think anon was a little harsh. It sounds like they are just trying to look out for you and the baby. i had the same problem with my boyfriend and mom. i got really sick in the beginning and the DOCTOR told me I could take certain meds and my boyfriend yelled at me and told me not to take them because they'd hurt the baby. I was nice about it but I just let him know that I was feeling like crap, the doc said it was okay and I'd never do anything to jeapordize our baby. Be firm but don't be mean. Let them know that you can and will take care of yourself and the baby and if you aren't sure about something you'll ask your doc. Tell them that they are making you feel bad and that you have it all under control.
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I think it kind of depends on what it is that they feel so strongly about. If it's alcohol, that's a different story, IMHO. Otherwise - good luck and congrats on your baby!

I hope DH Will be home when the baby arrives.

On another tack - thank you for making the sacrifices as a military family - I appreciate your husband and his sacrifices for the freedom and safety of my family but also those you make as wife, keeping home together and missing him while he serves.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:31 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My mother does this to me as well..and my husband is even worse then my mom about it. Possibly because its his first child and he worries. Just let them kno there not helping you by bossing you around!! Im sure you have read enough magazines and things in that nature to know what you can do and can not do. Good luck and God Bless
    aurora.vargas

Answer by aurora.vargas at 9:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• People at my job were always saying you don't eat enough. Because I snacked through out the day and they didn't see me eat a big meal. I was worid and asked my doctor and she said I was gaining fine and if she seen a problem she would tell me. Just ask your doctor she'll know what's best.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:49 PM on May. 25, 2009