Did you get upset when your baby turned a year?

I was very happy that my boys hit the year mark but I got a little upset looking at there newborn and infant pictures and saying that the year went so fast. ow they are getting so independent. They are growing up! Makes me want to have another one but I am not that crazy! LOL! I just miss the infant stage!

Luckylady32807

Asked by Luckylady32807 at 9:29 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's weird for me. With my dd (she's older), I'm always excited, and ready to start the next chapter. With my ds (he's my baby and last one), I cry every single year on his birthday and at all the milestones.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 1:17 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i am the same way! i love him growing and learning new things but i just miss the infant stage. i see infants and im like "aww i rerember him being so little" so your not alone im the same way.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 9:32 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Definitely! My dd will be turning one next month, and I am sooooo sad!! :-(
    She has gotten so big and independent...today she was "reading" a book all by herself, turning the pages and everything. I kept thinking, "She doesn't need me to do even THAT for her anymore!!!"

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:36 PM on May. 25, 2009

• No way. I am so happy to see how my son is growing and becoming his own little person. I love seeing his personality develop. The infant days were soooooo hard. Having a toddler is so much more fun.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:40 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My son's 1st birthday was definately a very happy and sad day for me and my husband! He is getting so big and independent! It was quite a celebration for us moms though!! We made it through our first year without any dramatic mishaps!!! haha! Yay for us!!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 11:03 AM on May. 26, 2009