What haver you done that made you feel like a horrible mom?

My 1 year old got a little sunburned today and I feel like the worst mommy ever. I just totally forgot about sun block.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on May. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my son was 3 I told him to wait on he sidewalk while I loaded everything in the car. My mom had mentioned that she would buckle him but I said no I would get him. I don't know how but somehow I thought I had said yes. I got in the car and started it. I looked back so I could back up and didn't see my son in the seat. He was still standing in front of the car crying. He still won't let me live that one down.
    Anonymous

• I left my son(he was about 20 months at the time) in a store one time.I forgot that he was with me because normally he would be in daycare during those hours.He was in his stroller.I walked out of the store and went into a store next door.I heard someone come inside and ask if someone left a baby.Everyone was saying "No,who would leave a baby? That must be one crazy woman". I was agreeing with them until I realized that I was the crazy woman.I ran and got my baby.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was sitting on my lap here at the computer. She's five months old (tomorrow actually!), so she doesn't have perfect balance yet. She was happy, blah blah blah, when all of a sudden, BAM! She slammed her face right into the corner of the computer desk.

Ohhh, both of us cried over that for so long.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:00 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i pushed my then 20 month old off hte bed.... he was getting close to the edge and i lunged to grab him and instead pushed him off... he ahd a knot on his head for a few days.....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:05 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My L:O has a really bad runny nose and I was suctioning it yesterday on my own. She got one of her little hands free and I grabbed it quickly and I scratched her and drew blood. I felt so guilty and sat there and cried while she screamed.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:21 PM on May. 25, 2009

• everyday i feel like i should never have had my daughter. I feel like a horrible mom ALL the time and I hate it...
    Anonymous

• Poor anon. Get help. Sounds like PPD.

Me personally, I locked my kid in a car at the mall and had to call someone to come unlock it. I also when he was like 6 months, we were co-sleeping, and somehow he got to the foot of the bed and got on my foot. I though he was the dog so I shoved him off the bed and he hit his head, I cried forever.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:30 PM on May. 25, 2009

• my son is 18 mnths old and still gets a bottle at night. bc by then im so tired and i dont want to deal with weaning him yet.. but bc i feel so bad abt the bottle i brush his teeth like 3 times a day.. lol.. being a mom is hard work!!!
    Rydersmommy616

Answer by Rydersmommy616 at 12:24 AM on May. 26, 2009

• When my daughter was a baby, she was sitting in her booster seat (one of the one's with a tray) eating a bowl of spaghetti. She was strapped into the seat, but I didn't know to strap the seat to the chair. I don't know how I did not know this. I felt really stupid later. Anyways, she flipped the booster off the chair and landed head first on the floor. There was spaghetti sauce and blood everywhere! After all was cleaned up, we discovered a bloody nose, fat lip and one bloody tooth. I don't think I have EVER felt worse!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 1:07 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I locked my son in the car by mistake when he was on an infant, it was the middle of summer and I was freaking out, my neighbor was trying to get the door unlocked while I was calling 911.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:50 AM on May. 26, 2009