does getting staples out hurt?

Bubbl3y

Asked by Bubbl3y at 9:53 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Health

• When i got my staples out for my c-section it didnt hurt at all!!! i was sooo scared but i didnt feel a thing.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 9:54 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I had over 30 and only felt maybe 3-4. Feels like a little bee sting, not too bad. Depends on where they are too. Mine were on my foot. I have had stitches before on my foot and those hurt way worse than the staples. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• After my c-section, I was nervous about getting my staples out, but it doesn't hurt! As a matter of fact, in kind of felt good, because I was healing and the wound was itchy, and having the staples pulled kind of helped that!
    kamsmw

Answer by kamsmw at 9:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I had an abdominal hysterectomy & had about a dozen staples. I got to be a guinea pig & had a student nurse pull mine out. There were a few that hurt a bit but all in all, not as bad as I thought it would be. And the relief of having the out was much more than the few twinges of pain at the time.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:02 PM on May. 25, 2009

• not at all. in fact i didn't even feel them come out. but boy did mine itch!!!
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 10:09 PM on May. 25, 2009

• They don't hurt when they come out.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:17 PM on May. 25, 2009

• as long as you are well healed it doesn't hurt. If not well healed (happend to a friend of mine after c-section) like a gooey wound it can be quite ouchy. I have had 3 sections and no pain myself but I wait 8 days before removal.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:26 PM on May. 25, 2009

• funnyface1204: LOL!! I agree with you!!! It felt great with the itchiness I was having.

The only ones that hurt, well it was more uncomfortable were the ones at the end that had the skin growing around the staples, but it still wasn't bad at all and I have a low tolerance for pain. It was so nice to have them out!! I took a shower and scrubbed the itchiness away and then I was able to scratch my tummy when it itched and I could sleep on my tummy again!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on May. 25, 2009

• nope!!!!!!!
    im still numb in my incision site 3 months later
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:50 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Feels like little pinches, no biggie.
    Reds1974

Answer by Reds1974 at 1:22 AM on May. 26, 2009