Do you ever feel guilty about having "you" time after your kids go to bed?

Don't get me wrong. I loooove "me" time after my daughter goes to sleep around 7:30.

I just feel...I dunno. Guilty sometimes. I spend all day every day with her, and it's weird when I actually have a minute to myself O.O

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:02 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you kidding me? I will send them to bed early sometimes so I can have more me time. They are 7 and 4 and the only me time I get is when I go to bed. Dh works weird schedules so I have them on the weekends too. No days off for me :(
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:06 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Enjoy your time mom, we all need "me" time, if you have done all your mom duties and she is asleep ENJOY IT!!!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:07 PM on May. 25, 2009

• NO! i love it! it gives me time to do the little things that i couldn't do while she is awake. like be with my husband! (wink-wink) every time you get a free time like this you will also find that your nerves are not shot. Enjoy it while it lasts and when ever you can.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 10:07 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Nope. Sometimes 8 doesn't come soon enough. She has been sick the last week and so have Mommy and Daddy and tonight I was grateful to not have a child glued to me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:07 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I am having me time right now and am LOVING IT!!!! I don't feel guilty at all 'cause atleast I know my DD is sleeping while I have me time and not doing something else and I'm not neglecting her for it. I know this may sound bad but some nights like tonight I love when my DH has to work nights just so I can actually have me time!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:08 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i never feel guilty having "me" time. this is the time i regroup from a hectic day. i spend so much time with my children taking care of their needs that i forget about mine. i never did before until i kept getting sick, and frustrated. my health was getting worse, it was then that my doctor told me i needed some "me" time. even if it is 10 minutes take it. i was so scared of turning into one of those mothers who abuse their children, that i followed doctors orders. im a better mother for it. i have more energy to spend with my kids, mentally and physically. my oldest even committed that i seemed happier.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but I learn not to feel guilty. My son just fell asleep and I love it. He's quiet then. ;-)
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:21 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Heck No - I love ME time and am a better mom when I let myself enjoy it!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:22 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Hell no. I get frustrated with my husband if he doesn't go to bed at his usual early time because it cuts into my quiet time!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Hell no.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 10:43 PM on May. 25, 2009