• In the Spotlight:

my husband left me after 7 years of marriage, how do i explain to our son that his dad is not coming home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• im sooooooooooooooo sorry ur going thru this.Im going thru the same thing right now,and i dont know how to explain it to my 4 yr old.
    Anonymous

• First of all, I am so sorry. I almost found myself in the exact same situation.
    I dont know how old your son is, but I would be as honest with him as possible. Explain that both mommy and daddy are unhappy, and that you will be living apart so each one of you can be happy again. It doesnt mean that daddy doesnt love him anymore - both of you love him very much.
    Sorry - that's the best I got. I hope it helped. Hugs to you mama, please stay strong!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:18 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I'm sorry you're going through this! Maybe try telling him that sometimes mommies and daddies need to be away from eachother for a while but that doesn't change how they feel about him! No matter if mommies and daddies live together or not they still care about eachother and love him VERY much! Make sure he knows that in NO WAY is daddy moving out your ds's fault! Sometimes grown ups have arguements and can't live together anymore....I don't really know what to tell you, I'm a COD but I was older than your ds is when it happened. I hope some of what I said can help, take what you feel applies, if any and just leave the rest!
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:19 PM on May. 25, 2009

• it's not your place to explain it to the son. Dad left. Let Dad explain it. Just tell him IDK, let's ask dad the next time we see him.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on May. 25, 2009