Christians...What is your ministry?

Every Christian should have a ministry in some form (IMO), whether it's visiting the sick, ministering to children, pastoring, etc etc, the list is very long!

I am a SAHM and ever since I came back to the Lord I've been trying to find my ministry in whatever it may be. I don't get out much (except to the store and to church), so until the Lord leads me in another direction, I've taken it on my heart to minister to Cafemom to the best of my ability. I am not saying I am perfect or whatever in any way, because I'm not! And I never will be! BUT because I do know the Lord, it's on my heart to share it! It's really hard here because so many people will attack you for your convictions and try to reverse what you say as if you were personally attacking them (not the case at all)!

My question is, do you have a personal ministry? Or a place or person that God has put on your heart? Please share! I'm very interested! God bless you!

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:12 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't pick a best answer, because they're all so good! Hope no one gets mad!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:18 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I am a SAHM as well, so I try to get involved in things like praise singing at church and going to the nursing home once a week with a different ministry. I also write christian stories for children in my spare time.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:25 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I write music (mostly instrumental, some choral). That's just about the extent of my ministry talents, but God has given me a wonderful gift with my writing.
    Anonymous

• I am also a Christian, and I agree with what you've said srhmldndo about others feeling like we're attacking them personally. We absolutely are not. However, as Christians, it is our duty to go out and spread the message of salvation. I don't ever intend to offend anyone on this site because of their beliefs, and would appreciate it if I weren't attacked because of mine. I minister to children as much as possible, and have led several to Christ. (A remarkable feeling). I try to give to certain charities when I can afford to do so. My children and I save up all our coins and when we have enough, we send it to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. I try to minister here on CafeMom as much as I can. I've been a sunday school teacher to kids for years; my husband and I were foster parents for a time. I feel like the Lord is leading us to adopt a child, and we're trying to do His will.
    Just spread the message of salvation whenever
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:36 PM on May. 25, 2009

• you get the chance. Some people won't be willing to listen, but all you can do is try. God's will may not be our own, but I've always noticed that when I get a deep burden in my heart about something, and that feeling just won't go away, it's usually the Lord trying to get my attention. It's a wonderful feeling to do His work. You will be rewarded when you get to Heaven. God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:38 PM on May. 25, 2009

• You have a ministry... it is right now to your children to train them up for the Kingdom.
    The ministry I have is speaking into peoples lives and hearts online and in my writing whether it is poetry or just short stories.
    My gifts consist of all but interpretation of tongues and gift of Miracles as stated in the Word of God.
    My main one is prophecy in the area of exhortation.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:12 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Yes, I forgot to add the ministry in my own home of teaching and learning with my husband and baby girl. :-) That should be our first ministry in every Christian home!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:15 PM on May. 25, 2009

• teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:41 PM on May. 25, 2009

• First of all I want to welcome you back in your faith with God. Isn't it the best feeling in the world knowing that you now have a personal relationship with Him? I personally have a dual mission in that I work from home and help partner with other parents from around the country and help them to be able to bring home an income without leaving their homes. We work with our kids by our sides. That is my first ministry, to be able to bring moms who desperately want to be home with their kids home, with a morally and ethically sound company. As a result of my success with my business, I devote at least 50% of my income to various charities both international and locally. I just signed up to bring my kids ages 5, 4, & 2 to a food bank and shelter so that they can learn how to serve others and also in turn, the Lord. Keep up the good work, God will richly bless you.
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 12:49 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I feel called to social work, foster care, and opening a youth ministry, as well as perhaps having an online ministry. But these are all things that, while I'm convicted on, I have to wait to finish my schooling and so forth in order to do.
    As for the here and now, I am called to a ministry of love, and I live that ministry in everything I do.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:59 AM on May. 26, 2009