HELP!!! My First Wedding, 4 months away!! Need Advice!

Me and the love of my life are getting marred 9/19/09!! I have three kids and he has two so we are tight on money. How can we create our dream wedding and still keep it CHEAPPPPPP???? I need all the advice and details and opinions please!

TwistedMama27

Asked by TwistedMama27 at 10:12 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• 1. Make your own floral arrangements out of silk flowers
    2. Instead of a photographer, buy disposable cameras and have your guests take the pictures
    3. Have a friend DJ
    4. Have the wedding/reception in a family members back yard
    5. Instead of wedding gifts, ask each guest to bring a dish to pass as their gift

Congrats and have a great wedding!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:28 PM on May. 25, 2009

• make your own invitations, go to a fabric store or hobby lobby and they have loads of things and ideas there. make your own everything really even favors.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 10:42 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Pick the one item most important to you and spend money on that (for some it's the dress, others it's the flowers, etc).
    Have a small function.
    Keep flowers to a minimum and arrange yourself.
    Don't get a fancy cake or fancy favors or skip favors.
    Costco sells invites.
    Have a family member or friend videotape it.
    Grab your Ipod and docking station and set up the music that way or go to a college and listen to a few bands or new startup bands. My sister had someone play a harp. Whatever you like.
    Don't do a plated dinner, buffet.
    Choose a smaller venue or your own home with a rented tent and tables.
    Anonymous

• I'd ask a friend with a digital camera to take pix so you can save money uploading them instead of paying for development which is costly. I like all the other ideas though.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on May. 25, 2009

• well downsize only invite family CLOSE family at that, find the cheapest place available to have a wedding dinner, buffet style at that, favors arent always needed but you can make your own, you can also get invites very cheap online I think we paid $50 for 30 of ours and that included RSVP cards and preprinted return envolopes, also you can find dresses online at ebay very cheap I got mine from there it was $100 bucks custom made to size the only thing is it came from China but who cares the shipping was free, also look for a do it all chapel to have your wedding in, we are getting married on the 13th of next month and altogether we are spending about $1500 for everything and that is for 20 people.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:10 AM on May. 26, 2009