Why are there so many snitches on CM?

All I hear from the women on here is how they are calling CPS on this person or they are calling the police for drugs or whatever.And half the time,they don't even have proof,they are just assuming.Why is it so hard to mind your business?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on May. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I would like to know how they are going to get there address to report it.
    Anonymous

• I've not been put in this situation but say my neighbors were dealing drugs out of their home with their children. Is that a safe and good environment for children? Should I just look the other way? Obviously their parents aren't looking out for their best interests...so if I didn't who would?

Again, I've never been in a situation like this but really, if there is genuine concern for a child's well-being, no one calls CPS and something horrible happens to that child...wouldn't the person then feel guilty knowing that their call may have saved that child?? KWIM?
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:38 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have read SOOOOOO many freaking posts on here about women calling CPS that is makes me sick. Before I became a stay at home I was a social worker for our county and there were NEVER enough people to handle the legitamite cases of children being neglected and abused, let alone the bull$h*t that vindictive people and 'perfect mothers' would call in on bogus or stupid reasons. Seriously... every time I read about people who complain about how they want to call on someone because they have a dirty house and the parents smoke around the kids it makes me LIVID.
    Then when cases fall behind and something terrible happens the world screams, "Where was the social worker? Why didnt she keep up on the case?!"
    Well... uh, because some douche bag called CPS on her neighbor because the house was too dirty or the kids were running around barefoot outside and its "only" 60 degrees out. Im so glad Im not a social worker anymore. Those ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on May. 26, 2009

• (cont).... people are overworked and underpaid and have to worry about these whiney ass (usually women) who call to make complaints over the dumbest things meanwhile a REAL case slips through the cracks and a child is neglected for real or beaten senseless by their drug abusing drunk@$$ parents... but OHHHHHH... at least their house was clean!
    @@
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on May. 26, 2009

• It takes all of us participating to protect the children and we need to band together to fight crime.
    Why does it bother you? Someone mess with you? Seems like maybe they hit the mark.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I bothers me because stupid people like you will call CPS for nothing.(this comment is to anon 10:47)
    Anonymous

• Well, I've not called but been accused of it. Personally, at least in this neighborhood, I keep my nose in my own home where it belongs. I've seen a lot of crap going on, but it's not my business.
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 6:17 PM on May. 26, 2009