Does any SAHM have work at home jobs?

I am a SAHM and i have been looking for a job to work at home so we done have to pay day care, which we cant afford! I was wondering if any of you have a job that you work from home and if so how did you get it! And where can i find one! Ive been looking on the internet but cant find much! And what i do find i am scared might be a scam!

luvmylilman2007

Asked by luvmylilman2007 at 10:33 PM on May. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Go back to college.
    Anonymous

• There are lots of opportunities.  I created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, information and links.  You can check them out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series of Articles

Start with the How to Work at Home Article.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:43 PM on May. 25, 2009

• And I just finished Dental Assisting classes, and am about to start takeing business managment classes and acounting classes! And id like to add that rude people Suck! lol!
    luvmylilman2007

Answer by luvmylilman2007 at 11:09 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i baby sit kids during the day....

i charge between 85-100 a week for 1 child and give discounts for multiole children....

i usually just watch 2 kids of out friends
    but i was recently asked if id watch 3 kids of my SO's employee and i said i would 2-4 days a week for $40 a day... its good money if you know the parents and are on teh same page
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:10 PM on May. 25, 2009

• lol yes rude ppl do suck.....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:22 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I am a medical transcriptionist. I've been doing it for over 7 years now so am not really "in the know" about the programs available today. I had to take courses for it (online) and am self employed. There is a group on CM called MT Moms. Check it out. There are mommas there in all different aspects of transcription...looking for schools, taking classes, looking for work, working.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:28 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have a couple of thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business?I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:33 AM on May. 26, 2009