My husband spends nights at some woman's house but says it's nothing...

me and my soon to be ex husband live separately but he says he wants to stay together, blah blah. but he stays nights with some woman and her 15 yr old daughter. i think its something more but they all say it's nothing. we don't live together although he wants to. i told him i dont want to intefere with his life and he said i wont. those people refer to me as his baby's mama (we have a one year old and pregnant again). has anyone ever heard of a man being friends with a family and being at their house every chance he gets? am i being paranoid for nothing?

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 10:43 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• life is made of choices. Obviously he chooses to be where he is or he'd work harder at being home with you. Friends or more is not the issue, it's just disrespectful for him to live with her and make you feel the way he's making you feel. He's not being nice that's for sure. Even if he sleeps in his own room, I bet she thinks she's going to get him when the divorce is final and she's just biding her time. He's being unfair to you both. Plus he doesn't need to be around that teen girl. That's just giving her the wrong message...it's ok for a man to not live with his wife but ok for him to live with another woman. The woman should be ashamed of herself for being that kind of example for her dd.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 PM on May. 25, 2009

• That's way too much drama Hon. If I couldn't have my children's father as my husband, I wouldn't want him. You don't need that kind of crap in your life. He's either a family man, with a wife and children, or he's not. There is no in between. I would write him off and start living your life for you and your children.
    Anonymous

• First responder hit a home run for you. Your soon-to-be-ex can't be ex soon enough.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:48 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't know his situation with this woman or who she is or whatever. But if he wants to be with you, he surely would be finding somewhere else to stay regardless if it's "nothing" or not. I would doubt that it's nothing. I would just start a new life with my child and expected.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 10:54 PM on May. 25, 2009

• If she wanted him she wouldn't be saying it's nothing more than friendship I wouldn't think.
    She obviously knows you're talking to him and he's wanting to work on the marriage. If you want him back, then tell him he needs to move somewhere else so that you can atleast assume he's not sleeping with someone else while you work on your relationship. It really could be a platonic thing over there. What does your gut feeling tell you? Do you want him back?
    Me myself... I don't think it's good to seperate until you both feel you've given all you can give and it's over but that's just me. To work it out, he needs to come home even if he's not sleeping in the same room as you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:55 PM on May. 25, 2009

• ummmm, that doesn't sound good. You dont go stay the night at a family friends house...thats just weird. I know when my husband and i seperated for the first time after 12 years...and we have a 4 year old.....well...we stayed away from eachother for a week...but he didnt stay at anyones house. he slept at his shop that had no heat and it was snowing. He knew it wasnt right to go stay at a single guys house or anyone else!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:55 PM on May. 25, 2009

• He needs to find his own place and staying at the other woman's is a bad sign.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:56 PM on May. 25, 2009

• There is no way that he's just friends with this woman. You need not worry about him anymore. Concentrate on yourself and taking care of your kids because he wants to be able to have his cake and eat it too. If he wants to be a father to his children then fine and if he doesn't thats fine too because he has some growing up to do before he can be responsible for anyone besides himself.
    ms.morris

Answer by ms.morris at 10:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• My DH always tells me that no man ever wants to "just be friends" with a woman. Period, end of story. He is always trying to get a piece. He may pretend to want to be friends...but the motive is always the same...ass.

MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:26 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Hmm yeaahh...not normal. At all. Unless maybe she is a childhood friend or relative or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on May. 26, 2009