Why are men so damn unsensitive to a woman's feelings most of the time?

ms.morris

Asked by ms.morris at 10:52 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I believe it's because they just can't or aren't programmed to feel emotion the way we do and so they can't relate or understand to the degree that other women do.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:55 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't know but my dh is the same way. If you figure it out, let me know :)
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:57 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Because most women don't hold men responsible for being asses!!!
    leigh5525

Answer by leigh5525 at 11:02 PM on May. 25, 2009

• dumber than stumps they are huh? Moms should have taught them to be more sensitive but then again some are just born stupid and it can't be helped! I make sure to tell SO or any man for that matter "that was hurtful" and it amazes me that they look at me with the deer in the headlights "DUH?" look. they have no clue so we have to teach them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on May. 25, 2009

• That is true. I do think that a man's mother is partly to blame for this problem.
    ms.morris

Answer by ms.morris at 11:04 PM on May. 25, 2009

• it's because they don't understand our feelings, it's not registering to them so they have no idea that it's hurtful sometimes.
    Like someone else said... tell them when it hurts, tell them that it made you feel bad, that it wasn't very nice, and it wasn't the answer you really wanted to hear etc. We're all as complex as they are and they're not mind readers.
    It's not their Mom's fault... they can't make them understand how we feel anymore than our father's could make us be able to understand how a man feels.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:15 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Men and women are wired differently. They just don't get it.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:23 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I agree. Its alot that they don't get even after you explain it to them.
    ms.morris

Answer by ms.morris at 11:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Because women are complicated and emotional over crap that guys just either dont understand or care about, thats not to say that they dont care about everything we feel but there are things that just get blown way out of porportion, (this is from the mouth of my DF directly by the way)
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:04 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I can't believe that...My husband is the oppisite of everything yall are saying. And he hunts and fishes and works on the car and scratches his balls. But he also gets me...get's women. To the point were he takes our 8 month old every Saturday so that I can take a bath or go shopping... IF i want to stay home and be quiet...he will take her out for the day. I do often tease him and say that even though he is physically straight, he's emotionally gay. We are wired differently...but it's not they they can't get or understand us or that we can't get or understand them. It's that MOST men and women don't want to put in the effort it takes.
    leigh5525

Answer by leigh5525 at 12:24 AM on May. 26, 2009