What is the best route to potty train an almost 3 yr old girl

Jen2002

Asked by Jen2002 at 10:57 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• go commando. i tried the thicker potty training underwear and she just peed in them anyway. we started off running around naked for a while and then just tried pants without underwear. i also had the potty in the living room for quite a while because i only had a second most times from "mommy i have to pee" to wet spots on the floor. thankfully it didn't take long for her to catch on. my son now is still haveing aim issues! :)
    twinsmom1214

Answer by twinsmom1214 at 11:10 PM on May. 25, 2009

• We went right into big girl underwear, pull-ups & other training pants feel too much like a diaper. She didn't like how it felt when she went in her underwear so after a few accidents she realized to tell me she had to go. I did also use a vinyl/waterproof panty cover over her underwear because I wasn't too thrilled about having to clean pee out of the carpet, lol. FYI though- if you use the panty covers put your daughter in the bathtub to pull them down. Because they do actually hold the pee in but it sometimes isn't all soaked into the underwear so it will still get all over the floor if you're not careful. I'd say within a week my daughter was completely potty trained. Good luck!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 11:28 PM on May. 25, 2009