:)

When your having a really bad day what do you do to help yourself to stay positive and not have a total meltdown?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I look up funny sh*t:)
    Anonymous

• Ugh! It didn't work!
    Anonymous

• I tell my husband to kiss my a**

No not really. I just go to NC(newcommers) & read all the drama posts about stupid stuff that people can not give it a rest
    Anonymous

• i drink some mt dew. put the kids in another room. eat ice cream. lol
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:12 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Send my kids to bed at night, get out the Godiva chocolate cheesecake (or in a pinch just some chocolate ice cream), and watch some of my favorite tv shows.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:16 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Keep reading:
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/9-ways-to-get-happy-in-the-next-30-minutes-444895/

Jay Gosney

1. Raise your activity level to pump up your energy. If you're on the phone, stand up and pace. Walk to a coworker's office instead of sending an e-mail. Put more energy into your voice. Take a brisk 10-minute walk. Even better...

2. Take a walk outside. Research suggests that light stimulates brain chemicals that improve mood. For an extra boost, get your sunlight first thing in the morning. Find the best walking workout for your exercise style.

3. Reach out. Send an e-mail to a friend you haven't seen in a while, or reach out to someone new. Having close bonds with other people is one of the most important keys to happiness. When you act in a friendly way, not only will others feel more friendly toward you, but you'll also strengthen your feelings of friendliness for other people.
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 11:45 PM on May. 25, 2009

• 5. Create a more serene environment. Outer order contributes to inner peace, so spend some time organizing bills and tackling the piles in the kitchen. A large stack of little tasks can feel overwhelming, but often just a few minutes of work can make a sizable dent. Set the timer for 10 minutes and see what you can do. In that time, take a quick look around the house and see how to get organized using everyday items.

6. Do a good deed. Introduce two people by e-mail, take a minute to pass along useful information, or deliver some gratifying praise. In fact, you can also...

TheShryocks

• 7. Save someone's life. Sign up to be an organ donor, and remember to tell your family about your decision. Do good, feel good―it really works!

8. Act happy. Fake it 'til you feel it. Research shows that even an artificially induced smile boosts your mood. And if you're smiling, other people will perceive you as being friendlier and more approachable. There's no need to walk around in a constant state of worry. After all, what's the worst that can happen if you bounce a check or leave wet clothes in the dryer?

9. Learn something new. Think of a subject that you wish you knew more about and spend 15 minutes on the Internet reading about it, or go to a bookstore and buy a book about it. But be honest! Pick a topic that really interests you, not something you think you "should" or "need to" learn about.

Keep reading:

TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 11:46 PM on May. 25, 2009

• When it's a REALLY bad day, sometimes the best thing I can do is go to bed. Just knowing that tomorrow will be a brand new day is all that keeps me going.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:14 AM on May. 26, 2009