Smokers

How many of you smoke or did smoke at one time? How old were you when you started? How old are you now? Did you quit while you were pregnant? Do you smoke in your house/car or outside? Have you ever quitted and then started up again? What made you start smoking to begin with? How did you quit when and if you ever did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I started when I was about 13 years old, I am now 26, and havent had one since last November. I quit when I got pregnant with each of my kids, but my husband never did and I admit I was weak and would start again within a year of each of them being born. We never did smoke in the house since my oldest was concieved, but my hubby would still smoke in his car when the kids werent with him. He quit this time with me, after making a promise to our 5 year old, and I am hoping we dont start up again,m but I know tit is hard and am just taking it one day at a time. Not sure why I started to begin with, just know alot of my friends were doing it, I do remember it being gross when I first tried it, stpidity, I guess kept me going. I always quit cold turkey, my husband used patches. Having someone to talk to and vent to helps alot. I had to stay away from people I knew would offer me one if I was having a nicotine fit.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:18 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i smoke..started at 16-17, im 26 now..yes i quit when i was pregnant..no i do not smoke in my house or my car..the only time i quit then started again was when i was pregnant, then when my daughter was about 5 months i went to a bbq and had a couple drinks and wondered if i still enjoyed smoking, so i bought a pack, hated it..but i had 19 left and i wasnt just gonna throw them out..so..i ended up starting again..when i started it was to prove to my parents that they couldnt control me, and to go against everything that they told me not to do..they never gave me reasons not to, they just told me no..so..i did it to piss them off..when i quit when i was pregnant, i quit cold turkey..i pretty much stayed in bed for a week straight tho..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:19 PM on May. 25, 2009

• How old were you when you started? 13

How old are you now? 29

Did you quit while you were pregnant? Definately!!

Do you smoke in your house/car or outside? Outside only - neither of my kids know I smoke

Have you ever quitted and then started up again? Yes, I quit for 10 yrs. Started up again due to the stress of building a house.

What made you start smoking to begin with? A guy.

How did you quit when and if you ever did? When I quit it was cold turkey.

I smoke 4-5 a day so I'm doing pretty good.

sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:21 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have smoked since i was 14 - newports is what i smoked /smoke
    I am trying to quit now I am using chantix and I am basically done smoking.....

some health depts have free smoking programs to help you quit - they give you the patches for free......
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 11:24 PM on May. 25, 2009

• p.s i quit when i was (am)34
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 11:26 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Too many questions, I need a cigarette now.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:42 PM on May. 25, 2009

• How old were you when you started? 12

How old are you now? 17

Did you quit while you were pregnant? Yes

Used to smoke inside, and in car's that were owned by people who didn't care.

Have you ever quitted and then started up again? Yes, quit for 5 months last year

What made you start smoking to begin with? An bf at the time made me quit, I started again after we broke up to piss him off.

Christie814

Answer by Christie814 at 11:44 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I started in 7th grade...quit while pregnant and dont plan on starting up again... What made me start? Peer Pressure and stress it was the "cool" thing to do plus I was stressed out cuz my mom left me and my sister all of a sudden one day (havent seen her since). I used to smoke inside..outside...in the car...wherever really. I have quit before for a year during 8th grade and started up again. I also quit cold turkey.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:05 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I was 14 when i started. I'm 34 now. I still smoke. I quit smoking the last 3-4 months of my pregnancy. Slowed down alot before that. I smoke in the garage, or hook up a fan in the kitchen window to blow out the smoke. I smoke in my car too. I would like to quit. I think if I ever leave my husband and get a HOT boyfriend that doesnt smoke, then i'll quit! LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:19 PM on May. 26, 2009