How do I know if my baby is ready for stage 3 baby food??

She is 6 1/2 months old and moved up to stage 2 when she was about 6 months old.. I waited too long I think because she was more than ready for it. Now she is still eager for more food after a jar of stage 2 is gone. I've been giving her a jar in the morning and a jar in the evening, and in between, I've been breastfeeding and offering water in a nuby sippy cup.... And, she's had her two front teeth for a couple of months at least, and she munches on the biter biscuits every so often.. So, I guess what I'm asking is, how do u know if your baby is ready for chunkier food?? or even table food?

snowflowergirls

Asked by snowflowergirls at 9:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just try it slowly.  Alot of the stage 3's aren't even chunky.  They have a lot more additives and flavors though.  Just start with small bites. 
    pinupgirl

Answer by pinupgirl at 10:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I would just give her another jar of two. Three to me is simliar to table foods, and we skipped three.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Just take it slowly and follow her cues. She seems like shes ready for them. I just started my daughter on Stage 3 and table food at the same time about a week ago. Shes 8 months.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If the child has no difficulty consuming stage 2 foods, then try a little stage 3.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2008