postpartum depression

Is it possible to have postpartum depression when you dd is almost 3? I feel misrable all the time and very resentful and almost like i just want her to leave me alone ALL the time.....I hate that I have these feelings I was wondering if i should go to the doctor??? any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on May. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• You sound depressed a bit. I'd see a doctor for something/lexapro, prozac, cymbalta, whatever. Has it been this way all the time, since birth? Get some help on this asap and also, do you get outside and take a walk and do any excercise? It's so important and also do you get a break? You must take breaks for your sanity. Are you able to do something you like, a project, class, something? Try doing these things to see if it helps but see your doc soon.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:29 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Yes it's entirely possible.
    At that point you should also have your doctor do a blood work up to make sure there's no secondary cause of depression too (blood sugar, anemia & thyriod).
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 11:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I don't know if it would be classified as post partum, but that really doesn't matter. Yes go to the doctor.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:49 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Has it been this way all the time, since birth? Get some help on this asap and also, do you get outside and take a walk and do any excercise? It's so important and also do you get a break? You must take breaks for your sanity. Are you able to do something you like, a project, class, something?

yes it has been this way since the day she was born and no i do not get a break. I am a SAHM with a husband who is wonderful but is disabled and not able to be alone with her because of his physical limations it makes us worry if something were to happen. I don't think i have had a day to myself since she was born..I get an hour every once in a while but nothing else...
    thank you all for your answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on May. 26, 2009