I had a vaginal delivery with my first 2 kids and my 3rd was a c section. and I loved my C section why do so many woman feel upset they got one?

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 11:29 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i haven't had one but i really wanted to deliver naturally because i think its the whole experience you feel like you worked for your baby and now that you went through all that pain and such you can just relax with your new baby. or maybe because a c section is a surgery, i dunno thats just my thoughts on it
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 11:38 PM on May. 25, 2009

• i dont know but some women think that you are not being woman enough or something i do beleive is about the experience too just like the first answer.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 11:41 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I had two c-sections and never felt that way EVER. I liked having mine. It seemed so easy and less traumatic to your body. I don't have half the problems my friends have, especially now 20 years later!!
    Anonymous

• For me the people I know who have had a C section took a LOT longer to get back to doing normal things (driving for one, cooking, cleaning, etc...), I would prefer to be able to get back to normal things asap that I have told my OB and perinate NO C section unless the baby is in trouble and even then I will ask for a 2nd opinion. One lady I know was told not to drive for 8 weeks after her C section. 8 weeks! That's crazy.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:43 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I had my first by c and my twins natural. Both hurt, both produced beautiful healthy babies. To be honest I don't give a rat's behind how my kids got here.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:46 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I think its just the recovery. I had a tumor removed where they cut me just like a c section. That was the worst pain I have ever felt!!!! I had to have help getting up and down off the toilet!! I couldn't imagine doing that and having to jump up to a crying newborn. The first few weeks are hard enough right?? Plus you need to take something for the pain and if your nursing your baby will get it to!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:53 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I had one and loved it. Walking around the next day. And I breastfed from day one with NO problems!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:58 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I've only had one child and I had a c-section. They were thinking my baby would be between 9 and 11 lbs. She was 9 even. I don't want to say that the women who had a c-section that took forever to get over it are wimps...I'm not them and I can't feel what they feel...but I had the "surgery' at 8am and was up and walking laps around the M/B ward by 3 or 4 pm. They did want to make sure the spinal had worn fully off before letting me put all my weight on my legs.

It was sore, really sore...but like the sore you feel when you WAY over did it at the gym. I only took pain meds twice the 3 day I was in the hospital. But I did get my SORE butt out of bed and walked a lap (a slow lap at first) around the floor once every hour to hour and a half. Within a week and a half I was walking a mile every day. I didn't speed walk or even walk brisk...it was more of a stroll but I could do with no discomfort.
    leigh5525

Answer by leigh5525 at 12:00 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Oh and I breast fed with no problems until my daughter finnished getting her top and bottom teeth by 7 months. She bit the $*$#@ out of me....and that was the end of that. LOL
    leigh5525

Answer by leigh5525 at 12:03 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am pregnant with my first and I will be VERY upset if I end up having to have a c-section. At first I really wanted one but after talking to some people and taking my child birth classes, I hope I don't have to have one. I want to be able to hold my baby right when he comes out, which I've heard you can't do with c-sections because they strap your arms down, and I always fall asleep for long periods of time when I take pain medication so I'm afraid I would pass out right after giving birth to him and not wake up for like 4 hours. I also would rather get the pain all done at once with a vaginal delivery and just be sore for a few days then have a "pain free" c-section but have to deal with recovery pain for weeks.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:07 AM on May. 26, 2009