Getting over the ex and deciding baby choices?

Im only 17 Im married but my husband left me like a week ago so I'm back living with my parents im almost 6 months pregnant and Ive always believed it takes two together to raise a child.. and I have no idea what to do.. People are saying left and right adoption could be what is best. answeres here will help or even message me anything please help.

missy_09

Asked by missy_09 at 11:59 PM on May. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• He would have to sign for adoption even if he wasn't married to you, but since he is, no questions asked, his signature would be required.
    Is that what you want? You have a lot of choices even tho it may not feel like it right now. It's only been a week, it's possible he will come back, it's possible you will decide that you want to finish your education and raise this child alone (he will have to pay child supoort or could be thrown in jail). You could sign up for HUD housing, welfare, medicaid, foodstamps and other public assistance to get you started. If I'm not wrong they will even help to train you for a job and pay for daycare while you work. You do have choices so don't let someone talk you in to doing something you don't want to do. If you and he do want to put the baby up for adoption that's always an option but it's just not your only one.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:08 AM on May. 26, 2009

• You have to decide what you want to do, do you think you could give your child up for adoption? If not then you just do what you have to get a job, stay with your parents until your stable and just keep moving forward with your life.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:13 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i totally agree with lisa ann p from the looks of your picture you want your baby, whatever you choose make sure its what you really want, you dont want to do something you will regret later. good luck hun
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 12:13 AM on May. 26, 2009

• lisa ann p speaks the truth. Adoption isn't just your decision. He has to sign too.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:14 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Before you start making huge choices like that, is there a chance you might get back together? You arre married and preggo, so its a little more complicated. You should definately weigh your options and maybe talk to someone like a counselor who isn't biased. Good luck to you and take care of yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 26, 2009

• This will be by far the biggest decision you ever make. I had my son when I was your age and he is now 24 years old and the best thing that ever happened to me. I too was scared and alone, but I couldn't bear the thought of not knowing where he was or how he was doing. As hard as it was to raise my kids alone (my daughter was born 2 years later after my husband came back- and left again before she was born) it was the very best thing I have ever done. My children are happy and well adjusted and quite sucsessful too! Best of luck to you...
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 12:14 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I had my 1st baby at 17, his dad left. Adoption was an option for me, but I also knew I wanted to raise my own son. Today their are so many programs that will help young single moms. I was able to finish high school by getting daycare assistances from the state. As well as cash assistance, FS, and medicaid. If you plan to fomula feed, look into WIC. It really does save you alot of money. Just remember there is help, and people in your school will helpout to. The HS I went to had a program for teen mom's that I got involved in. If you have something like that get into it. A baby having both parents is great, but somethimes not the best thing. I'm 21 now, have 2 kids, and in a great relationship. I've gone from needing assistance, to having none. I know you can do it, just remember do it all for your baby and you will suceed!!!!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 12:21 AM on May. 26, 2009

• If you wanna chat, you can message me!!!! I'd love to answer questions you have!!!!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 12:22 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Only you know what is right for you. I would try to talk to the father if possible and get him to sign his rights away now. Then you really can decide on your own what you want. Adoption is a great choice if that is what you want for you and for your baby. It will be tough at 17 to be a mom it can be done. Won't be easy but nothing in life worth having is ever easy. If you can put your babies needs above your own you will be fine. I would also stay away from guys for a while. You need to make yourself a whole person and grow up a bit then find another person who is whole and complete on their own. You don't need anyone to complete you or make you better. People are who are looking for their other half to make them happy usually never find happines. I wish you lots of luck in what you decide. You have choosen a hard path for yourself but you can be a great mom if that is what you want. Good luck my dear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Are you not wanting to keep the baby?
    I know it will be tough but you CAN do it without him, you need to think about this baby. What's best for him/her & if you could fathom living without it.

Him, you'll get over him in time. This baby is a part of YOU!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 2:21 AM on May. 26, 2009