How much wood does a woodchuck chuck?

I have woodpecker around my house and the little prick is always pecking around. How much wood can he chuck?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:36 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• all night long
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:37 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day - 842 cords of wood.

Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour-567cords of wood.

Record high for woodchuck wood chucking of 2416 cords

(cord of wood is four feet high by eight feet long)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 26, 2009

• For god's sake I live in a forrest anon! At that rate I will have to wait for the little prick and shoot him in the pecker! LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:46 AM on May. 26, 2009

• LMAO..that probably wouldn't be a bad idea! We had one that lived in a tree across the road and we heard it all the time. One day one of my uncles got his gun and tried to shoot it from the front porch, but unfortunately he missed =( too bad! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I would probably miss too! I would more then likely shoot a cat or something!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:09 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I would not threaten to shoot a wood pecker due to the fact they are considered a endangered animal,

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on May. 26, 2009

• OP ~ Is he pecking at trees or your house? Woodpeckers tend to peck where they can sense bugs and they peck to get at them so they can eat.
    You canNOT shoot them or kill them in any way at all - it is against the law. We have this problem and were told this. There are large wood owls you can buy to place where he usually pecks at to scare him off (owls are their natural enemies), or you can buy a compound online that is safe and non-toxic, but the woodpecker does not like the taste of it, or you can hang some shiny cd's or dvd's where he pecks to scare him off.
    Woodpeckers tend to be territorial so he will return year after year to the same spot unless you make him think that it is 'dangerous' for him there. Most people use the owls.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:25 AM on May. 26, 2009