Are you supposed to tip the skater waiters at Sonic?

We went for the first time to day and it didn't really occur to me to tip them until I realized I had no cash..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ooooooh. I misread the question. I thought it said... "Are you supposed to TRIP the skater waiters?' and I was thinking, um.. NO!! LMFAO!!!.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I never really did until more than one person said something to me about it. My mom and one friend were like, you don't tip them? Then, I felt really bad. Later, I found out from someone who was working there that they do get paid a normal hourly wage and tips are just extra. Most servers where I live get paid a lower servers' wage and need the tips. So, maybe sometimes I'll give them the coin part of my change, but that's it. I guess that's my compromise.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 1:01 AM on May. 26, 2009

• YES. I worked there as a teenager...we made $2 per hour, which was waitress/waiter money at the time. It's probably gone up since then but they rely on tops just like servers in restaurants do.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:13 AM on May. 26, 2009

• *tips, not tops
    aurorabunny

• Well here they make at least $8/hr base pay...$2?? What year was that??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I always do but it's a habit from working in restaurants. U gptta put yourself in their shoes.....technically,their skates,lol!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:54 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes. I had a friend that worked at Sonic through college and she said that they make a waiter's salary because they are suppose to earn tips. That means they make less than minimum wage. IF you don't want to tip, you should go through the drive through.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:28 AM on May. 26, 2009

• It was in 2000.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes. go thru the drive threw if you dont want to tip.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:16 PM on May. 26, 2009