What do you think of baby/toodler pageants?

ShiningStar24

Asked by ShiningStar24 at 1:03 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If it's small and not competetive it's fine. I think it's absolutely horrible when parents doll up their small children with make up and fake hair and bikinis and make them compete to be best. Like that "Little Miss Perfect" show...my god what are they TEACHING those poor girls!!??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I find them disturbing. Why would anyone think it is cute to put so much makeup on a young child?And the clothes that these little girls wear.I think the mothers have self esteem issues and try to use their little girls as a way to feel better about their self.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:05 AM on May. 26, 2009

• They do not bother me a bit. I was in a few pageants when I was a child and in my teen years. It was something my mom and enjoyed together. My mom was not living through me just helping me with something I really enjoyed. We saw more nasty and vile people in my sports leagues than in the pageant circuit. The crazy sports parents and the crazy pageant parents both are trying to live their dream through their kids. The other parents are like my mom just giving me a chance to do something I really enjoyed. The 120k in prize money paid for college and was the downpayment on my first home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree with the first anon.

and to the second anon. ...it's different when the child is old enough (and it sounds like you were)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:20 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Boo 2 childrens pageants! There's no reason 2 dress ur child in grown looking clothes and make up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am not a fan of them. I dont think dressing a child up and putting in fake teeth and making them look like something totally that they are not and then judging them against other girls is a good thing. That cannot be healthy for a young girl. BUT I will agree that its not a lot better than crazy sports parents. I spend a lot of time at the ballpark so I see them. Anytime you have a parent that acts like that for any reason, the child is doomed to be messed up.....LOL. I think that show is more about the parents than the girls.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:38 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the whole thing is just dumb! People wonder why so many girls have low self esteems (sp?) at a young age ... Well this is your answer! Dumb mothers who had a horrible childhoold (or whatever reason) and think dolling there babies/toddlers up in makeup is going to fix that. Drop the past, move on, and let your kid be a kid.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 4:53 AM on May. 27, 2009