mad!

ok well i guess this is just me venting and not really a question. So on sat. my mil watched are son so we could go out. i hate leaveing my son but i though it would be good for me and hubby to go out. it was about 7:30 when we left i told her his bed time is at 8 sometime 8:30. He was almost ready for bed when se got there. Weeellll when we got home she told us, he didnt go to bed til at lease 10!! she said she looked at the clock and it was 9:15 She swears that music puts him to sleep (not saying it does or doesnt i just dont want my son to depend on music to sleep when he sleeps just fine) so she put a cd in when she put him in his crib she said she heard him playing and laughting in his crib he loved the music so he didnt go to bed til after the cd was over! around 10! i am so mad because i worked so hard to get him to go to bed and wake up at the same time, well now since that night he sleeps til 10-12 in the afternoon..

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 1:05 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Simply make him go to bed at the time you want him to, and regardless if he actually goes to sleep or not, wake him up at your regular time. 1-2 days of this will put him right back on his schedule.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:07 AM on May. 26, 2009

• ...and when i try and put him in to bed at his normal time he crys and cry until 10-11 and wakes up sometimes and crys and goes back to bed in the middle of the night. i am just so mad because i worked so hard to get him in bed the same night and now its all messed up. i told her he didnt need the music he just falls a sleep. but she plays it anyways and it doesnt even make him tired it made him play! she is crazy, and i cant stand her!!!
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:08 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree and u should not look a gift horse in the mouth, my baby omost 13 months and have no family around to go out any where, I know it makes you upset but dont swet the small stuff, pick your battles. this is not one to get mad when they give your baby sugar stuff..thats when you get mad
    itmomnotmeaw

Answer by itmomnotmeaw at 1:12 AM on May. 26, 2009

• she does! we were at a party and he would give him iceing from the cake and when i told her i dont want him eatting alot of sweets she looks at me crazy. im diabetic so i dont want him to eat alot of sweets. it just sucks because he is such a light sleeper and has a hard time going to bed, and its just all messed up now. she doesnt listen to what i til her she does what she wants even if its going to hurt people in the long run...me and my son. i know he will go back to his normal sleeping habits but hear him cry cause he cant sleep sucks! i rather not go out! cause she'll do it again like always...like i said im just venting
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:18 AM on May. 26, 2009