More fussy AFTER first tooth?

My son has recently cut a tooth.. still coming in but top is totally out of the gums now. He was fine up until the tooth cut.. now he's very fussy. Is another tooth not far behind? Is he mashing his gums together and the tooth is hurting his top gums? I am at a loss.. I'm keeping him on motrin and orajel since it seems to keep him in good spirits. He also has his favorite teething ring to chew on.
Can anyone tell me why he's fussy? What else can I do to help him?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:36 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use those homeopathic pellets. They work great for my son. Humphrey's teething pellets, or the other brand I have is Hyland's teething tablets. As soon as they dissolve in my sons mouth he doesn't fuss any more. Bought Hylands at walmart and the other one at Walgreens.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 3:42 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Oh and my son cut 4 teeth in about 1 week! So maybe that is what your baby is doing too.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 3:48 AM on May. 26, 2009

• they seem to be fussy a few days after the teeth cut, and yes, one usually comes after the other. My kiddo is working on teeth 5&6 right now! We use Tylenol at night, and use Orajel sparingly. Motrin seemed to bother his belly. He hasn't liked teething tablets, but many kids LOVE them - Hylands dissolve better than Humphries. I give my son cold teething rings and washclothes as well. Good luck :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:05 AM on May. 26, 2009