ugh why cant people get off their phones in the checkouts

im a cashier and that irritates the f*ck out of me....

ugh just venting after a long day of work...lol

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 1:54 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree. It's very rude. Especially when they give you dirty looks or rude comments becuase you HAVE to tell them what their total is or ask them certian questions.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:01 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Sorry, I know I should have hung up. I couldn't help to talk though! You are such a great cashier that I thought you could handle the challenge of my talking on the phone the whole time though. I will put your complaint in my memory banks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on May. 26, 2009

• People have lost common courtesy since cell phones are all the rage. You can't go anywhere without someone talking on one of the damn things. It is just plain rude to talk on one when you are being waited on.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:10 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Why should you care? You should be working NOT worrying about people on the phone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on May. 26, 2009

• The secretary at work talks on her frickin' bluetooth throughout her lunch hour. I know better now but I would walk into the breakroom and she would just be starting a conversation on there and I would say hey! and she's like HI! what are you up to? I say nothing much but darn it's......all of a sudden she squeals OMG! Did he really? I'm sitting there like WTH? That's when I realized what was going on and I teased her about it. I nicknamed her Bluetooth. NOW she makes it a point to talk to me when I walk in and I am ignoring her thinking she is on the phone and then she says HELLO?!? I'm talking to you! WHATEVER! I hate those bluetooth earpieces.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:15 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Anon you must be one of the ppl I was talking about in my previous reply
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:18 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I know I have done it a few times. I also see how angry the cashier gets. When I get to the checkout I tell them ill call them back or set my phone down.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:19 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Ya what is your point. do not act like you have never done it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Actually no I have not. I find it to be rude and not called for (no pun intended)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:22 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I think its even worse when they are in a public bathroom and talking loud the whole time they are on the crapper!! Today my daughter and I were at JCPenneys and this lady was talking the whole time she was in there! My daughter was like, that is so gross mom! Those toilets are loud when they flush too, so the person on the receiving side had to know where she was!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on May. 26, 2009