I am 38 years old, I have a 10 months old baby and a 3 years old . Do you consider me an old mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• You will be 48 when your 3yr old is 13. You will be 58 when your 3yr old is 23. ...I think it will be worse for your 10 month old baby.
    I have a friend who's parents had their children later in life. She hated it because in high school everyone always asked if she was being raised by her grandparetns. She is now about 21 and her parents are starting to hit their 60's.
    My personal opinion: I dont think you are currently and old parent, but that you will be an old parent when your children get older. ...sorry if that's a little blunt.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:58 AM on May. 26, 2009

• You are not an old parent at all. Younger moms who have no clue will think you are but again they have no clue.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on May. 26, 2009

• She is not an old mom at this point. Her children will get older and so will she. It mostly depends on her health. I would assume she is in good health to have children this late in life. I am 36 and I would not want to have a baby at this age. I keep my nephew,he is 2 years old and I am glad to take him back to mommy the next day
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:15 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Nope. Not a bit of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I think 38 is old to have a 10m, i dont think its wrong or a bad thing. buuuut i am a younger mom so i have no clue!
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:30 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Well I guess I need some of you "got knocked up in high school" Moms to roll me out a wheelchair, Because I am 35 and have a 2 year old. Maybe I should have had a abortion so she would not be a shamed of the fact her Mom is a OLD LADY. You know unlike the shame of knowing that your Mom got pregnant in the backseat of some car after Junior Prom.  Sorry I don't mean to be rude...but I and the are NOT TO  OLD. My age button got pushed....LOL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My mom is 57 and i'm almost 18.
    you're not an "old " mom, maybe in age but there's a lot of other things that add onto it
    if you take care of yourself and how you look, you could be like my mom and look in your 40's instead of late 50's. My dad is 59. Neither of them look a day over 48 at the most.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:10 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes, you are an older mom.

I'm almost 43. My oldest is 5, my youngest is 2. I am an older mom.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:21 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am 38 with a 10 MO also, along with a 14 YO and a 7 YO. I've FELT like an old Mom since the first one came along :-) But I still occasionally get ID'd when I go out so I don't look like a 38 YO (except for first thing in the morning, like right now, before the coffee hits) Other than that, I don't care what others think, I got enough on my mind:-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:25 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm 37 with a 14yo and a 11yo. And I'm pregnant (due a week before I turn 38). We may be older in years, but your only as old as you think you are. And there are a lot of us "older" moms out there then you may think. In fact, I know of 3 who are pregnant in my neighborhood right now and a few who have had a baby in the last couple of years. I wouldn't worry about it. We have experience on our side. LOL
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 6:40 AM on May. 26, 2009