would you be upset?

my husband went on a trip with 3 of his friends (2 of which are married) to vegas. His friends were all in party mode and my husband wasn't. They wanted him to take off his ring and act single but he said he wouldn't do it. I trust my husband and we talked everyday for like 2 hours a day...so I don't have trust issues with him. My husband said they were all wild and wanted to party and were bar hopping (during this time we were on the phone in the hotelroom, instead of living wild, he would call me and talk while they were out).

My question is...would you be mad at his friends? I'm very hurt by one of them, although all of them told him to take his ring off, this friend I have know the whole time my husband and I have been together (they were roommates when we were dating). so I'm very hurt that he doesn't respect my marriage.

My husband said not to say anything...because he let me in on the boys club secrets. I'm hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I can see the hurt but I dont think you shoudl say anything. i mean what could you say"I dont appreciate that" ok yes but thenhe will be uncomfortable, maybe te friendship will end with dh and guess who dh will resent...yep you.Now if this friend ever says, why are you so cold to me suddenly, let hijm know that you feel he is not a true friend to your hubby, you dont have to be detailed as to why. thats good hubby stood his ground and didnt cave.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:33 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I'd just encourage my hubby to find new friends to spend time with. Not that he can't be friends with these guys, just that your hubby sounds better then them and he deserves better friends. At least you know what kind of guy the roommate is. But I wouldn't say anything to him because they would never invite your dh anywhere again. Sometimes we need to accept our friends for who they are even though they are not the kind of person we want them to be. Just take it for what it's worth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i would be upset at the friend but i really wouldnt worry too much ur hubby sounds extremely faithful to u so i wouldnt worry about anything. at least u have trust w/ ur hubby and thats all that matters.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 3:27 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I will be upset if my husband wants to go to Vegas with his friends period!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I'd be telling my husband to find better friends. They disrespected HIM as much as they disrespected YOU.

No reason not to be mad at his friends. Not much you can DO about it, though...HE has to make the decision on whether these guys are really friends or people he happens to know.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:54 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Your husband is right. But my question is why did he go in the first place? You go to Vegas with the boys for exactly what they did. To have a great time. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Incidentally, men get hit on more in Vegas with their rings on then the single guys do. I've even known guys to wear fake wedding rings simply to get laid in Vegas.

No I wouldn't be mad at his friends.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:31 AM on May. 26, 2009

• op here, two of his friends live on the east coast and my husband and the guy i'm really hurt at live here in LA, it's only a 6 hour drive to vegas, so his two east coast friends (who he hasn't saw in 6 years,these are all old high school friends) landed in vegas and then flew out of LA.

I trust my husband so I don't care if he goes to vegas or not. He wouldn't cheat on me, it goes against how he feels and was raised.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 26, 2009