Who was you named after, or was you named after someone?

My mum was 16 when she got pregnant with me. In that day and age it was not accepted to be in school and pregnant. She had a very hard time going to school,even though she was an A student. There was one girl that befriended her and that is who she named me after. So where did you get your name from?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 2:32 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My middle name is Amberly because I was born in October and my father liked the Amber colors of the fall leaves.

My kids have family names though, but some of the spelling is changed. My oldest her name is Louisa McBeth, which my late mothers middle name was Louise so I changed that to Louisa and my MIL is Irish and her maiden name was McBeth. My youngest her name is Ryleigh Elaine, My husbands grandmas name was Riley, so we changed the spelling. Then his stepdad had a older sister that died at birth her name was Elaine.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:44 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My dad always loved the name kari-ann but he wanted my name to spelt diff. Kerrie-Ann is what my dad picked.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:35 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I like that name!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:36 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I was named after my granny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Thx lol I don't really like it but it's better than my sis she is named after all the grandma's lol!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:37 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i was named after a girl my mom knew in school...(Anna-Lisa)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:37 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Yeah my grandmother was named Nannie Mildred, that would have been bad..LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:38 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I was named for my Dad's mother who died in child birth. My mom was going to name me Josefina untl she saw that noone visted my Grandmother,
    .carrie.

Answer by .carrie. at 2:43 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Who was you named after? You are so ghetto it is not even funny. You are rude and ghetto. Are you black because if you're pretending to be black you are just insulting us by saying things like that, The proper way to say it is Who were you named after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I also name my son after family members. 3/4's of the men have the middle name Wayne!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:46 AM on May. 26, 2009