What is a good way to strengthen flimsy nails?

My nails are like baby nails. They are very thin and flexible. I have tried several nail strengtheners with no success. Any ideas?

mandemom

Asked by mandemom at 9:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• If you can afford it, have your nails silk wrapped. I cant think of any off the shelf strengtheners off hand that work great. I do recall however, hearing that using Knox gelaton can strengthen them. GL !
    New2WAHJ

Answer by New2WAHJ at 10:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Avon makes on the I have gotten a lot of feedback on it is called: nutri boost - nutri plus it is clear and the ladies that have bought if from me say that their nails are stronger over a period of time using it consistantly... Good Luck....
    Maybe research the net to see if there is some dietary thing you could be doing differently to improve your nails
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 10:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Try vitamins. You can get some cheap vitamins from Dollar General, a "Hair, Skin and Nail" formula.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Just eat LOTS of jello or knoxx gelatine.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I would say try avons strong resuts length & strength complex it makes your nails strong and hard it has diamond dust and calcium in it which makes it very good for nails as well as it has soy protien and vitamins which helps nails grow and stay healthy. www.youravon.com/vlibby
    vlibby

Answer by vlibby at 2:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Put Vaseline on nails and around finger at least twice a day!!
    purplemara3

Answer by purplemara3 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2008