im the fattest i've EVER been..

okay so i've weighed the same weight (about 125) since i hit puberty.. and up until last year i could eat anything i wanted and wouldn't gain weight. now i weigh 140 and can't control myself! i think im gaining weight because i stay home more now and don't get out as much to get some exercise. im not sure what to do now. ive heard that if you don't eat for a long period of time your stomach will shrink. i know its not healthy but i was thinking, if i let my stomach shrink to the point where i get fuller faster, and then start eating healthy could i lose weight that way? i don't know what else to do.. because nothing seems to keep me full for long. and PLEASE don't say to drink water. that's all i drink all day every day.. it doesn't fill me up. HELPPPPP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• burn more calories than you eat, work out everyday for at least 30 minutes and get plenty of fresh vegtables,fruits and whole grains
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 4:06 AM on May. 26, 2009

• You CAN eat healthy and lose weight. Try eating 3 smaller meals a day (I use a toddler plate) with a small snack about 2 - 3 hours after each meal. By eating less your stomach will shrink. Also, eliminate starchy foods like breads, pasta, potatoes and rice from your diet. Stick with lean meats, steamed veggies, salads and cooked dry beans and lentils. Stir fry meals are great without the rice or served over 1/2 cup lentils instead. To help you feel full faster, drink a glass of water or Crystal Light 20 minutes before eating. It'll take up room in your stomach so that you won't want as much food.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:03 AM on May. 26, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 AM on May. 26, 2009

• If you dont eat for a while your stomach will shrink, however as soon as you eat it expands again. I would start eating more protein and fiber. Eat six small meals a day that are healthy.
    I do think that if you are eating the same as you were before it's just that you are not getting enough excercize start taking you LO for walks. Instead of driving to an activity such as going to the park walk instead. Get a dance work out video and do it at home. Make it fun. There is always calling up a friend and going for a hike too, which is great to relax and getting some adult time. Hope I helped.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 10:42 AM on May. 26, 2009

• It may cause your stomach to shrink, but it also causes your body to go in to starvation mode due to it being deprived from needed calories. When that happens your body will slow down and store the calories you do consume once you eat, and you will gain the weight back just as quick as you lose it. Your metablism will slow down too, making you feel weak and tired. It also plays an important roll in weight loss. If you're concerned about over eating start eating things low in calories, fat, and sugar such as fruits and vegetables. You can't go wrong with them. I think this is more of a self discipline problem rather than a physical problem, and I think you would still struggle even if your stomach did shrink. There's such thing as good calories and bad calories too, so pay attention to what you're eating, it plays a big part in your weight.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 3:12 AM on May. 28, 2009