Afraid to take a test!! What does implantation bleeding look like?

Ok, my last period was January 31st and i haven't had one since. This is not abnormal for me however in the months before I started having them at least every other month sometimes every month. At the end of March I was expecting my period when nothing happened except a few days later I went to the bathroom and a blob of reddish brown mucas came out. I put on a pad and thought i was getting ready to start my period, but that was it nothing later or since. It is now the end of May and I am still waiting. Please don't tell me to take a test i have taken many before (not this time) and all are negative. I want to have more signs before i waste money on another test again. I just want to know what implantation bleeding looks like if any have had that before. Thanks for taking the time to read this and answer my question .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• implantaion bleeding is bright red, and not a lot. Your blood is old brown blood. i think you should see a doc about your irreg periods...it can be a warning sign of bigger issue...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:54 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree with Bearsjen. I experience it and literally it was just tinged pink mucous for me and I thought the same thing. Have you not had any other symptoms? Your doctor should be contacted about your irregular periods as it can be a sign of something serious. Good luck!
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:08 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i have had the same thing going on with me...thought I was pregnant so many times, only to find out that I have PCOS, polysistic ovarian sydrome. It causes irregular periods like that, mine were so unpredictable. I wish I had all the money that I have spent on pregnancy tests in the last four years of trying to concieve. My advice would be to test, to put your mind at ease...then make a dr. appointment regardless...because it can be a sign of things going wrong in your body to have irregular periods. My obgyn put me on metformin to regulate them and it worked! So now I am waiting to see if I am pregant now, or if I am going to start my period soon right now
    Anonymous