Have you ever mixed your childs bottle wrong????

Well my child's father mixed my baby formula wrong. He had 6oz. of water and only put 2 scoops of formula into the bottle. James is only 6 weeks old.
I'm just wondering has this happen to you? What should I do?? and Is my baby going to be okay???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• add the extra powder into what is left and go on. Or dump the formula, if it was only one bottle I doubt it will make much difference.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:07 AM on May. 26, 2009

• One bottle probably won't hurt the baby, but if you do it to save money yes, you can kill the baby. Some lady did it in Florida to save money and the diluted formula was too much water for the baby and almost killed it! Over worked the kidneys? Something like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on May. 26, 2009

• He'll be fine with just one "oops" bottle.

Start making a days worth ahead of time. Then it just has to be poured into the bottle as needed. It also helps cut down on gas because the air bubbles have time to dissipate before the baby has it. Store it in the fridge (good for 24 hours), microwave a couple cups of water for 2 minutes, put the bottle in the water, change a diaper, bottle's ready!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:02 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree, just the once its fine. If babies get a little too much water, it might cause a few more poopy diapers as water helps to loosen the bowels. (remember that in case baby ever gets constipated!) Habitually diluting the bottle will lead to malnurishment but tht doesnt sound like the issue.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 7:57 AM on May. 26, 2009

• OMG yes! You know the similac packets you can buy for travel? You add them to water and shake? Well they are for 4oz bottles and for some unknown reason I was under the impression that they were for 2oz bottles. I only used them 2-3 times, but holy cow! I Was putting 2 of them into a 4oz bottle..no wonder my daughter has chubby legs :)

I didn't worry too much...she didn't seem to mind.
    Mrs.Captain

Answer by Mrs.Captain at 10:19 AM on May. 26, 2009