Todays music VS 80's and 90's music?

I remember when Rap first came out, it sure isn't like it is today.
The Boy bands, where did they go?
The big hair male bands, none of them now
Madonna first come on the scene

I will stick to my 80's and 90's music!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:15 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I prefer the older music because that's what I grew up with. I was born in 1980 - the first music I remember loving was Milli Vanilli and Madonna. I remember dancing to NKOTB. That stuff will always hold a special place in my heart.

I still like today's music though. Some of it's degrading, but there's always been music that is degrading to women - 2 Live Crew comes to mind. As long as it has a good beat and somewhat tasteful lyrics, I'm liking it. I don't let my kids listen to most of the new hip hop and R&B, but I still enjoy it when they aren't around.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:18 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Milli Vanilli now that is a blast from the past! I remember the bomb shell out them not actually singing the songs! And NKOTB, I bought their new CD, not to bad actually!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:23 AM on May. 26, 2009

• LOL I remember having a crush on a boy when I was in the 7th grade. He lived across the street and we pretty much grew up together. I gave him my Milli Vanilli tape as a gift. By this point, they'd already been busted for lip syncing at that awards show and it was a lame gift.

The stupid things we do/did for boys, LOL.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:27 AM on May. 26, 2009

• LOL! My childhood best friend was in love with Boy George! She would dress up like him and sing all his songs. I still tease her about it!

And yes, boys will be the death of us all! LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:30 AM on May. 26, 2009

• LMAO - my best friend in junior high had a huge thing for Michael Jackson. Is it any wonder the girl has turned into the wild child she is now? She's about to be 29, and still partying like a 16 year old.  Oye.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:35 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I actually just bought his greatest hits CD's there was 4 CD's in it. Such great songs!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:43 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree, most of today's music is a lame attempt to sound like someone else. At least "our" music was more original. I'm sure every generation says that, but I love all (good) music from swing to metal and the crap out there today just makes me want to throw my stereo out the window. I'm sorry if that's offensive to anyone who is into the "new" music, but personally, I just can't stand most of it. And, btw, I still have my collection of records and cassettes from my childhood that I listen to more than my CDs and I see no need for an mp3 player. Yeah, I'm one of those people.

My kids will grow up knowing what good music is- they're 18 months old and their favs. so far are Bing Crosby, Ozzy, Dio, Van Halen and The Boss.  It's so cool to watch them "dance" to their favorite songs.  =)

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 3:56 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I detest Rap and Hip-Hop music, but I love my 80's music!
    In fact, I have my iTunes playing an All 80's radio station right now!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:39 AM on May. 26, 2009

• in my humble opinion 1994 was the best year for music for my generation. Give me early 90s anyday. I don't even listen to the radio anymore just my cds
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:57 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am a die hard 80s fan. I like a little early 90's too but give me 1985 over 2005 anyday of the week. In fact, the music back then was much more talented than it is today. Every now and then someone will pop up that has real talent, but its the people like Britney Spears that mess it up. She has NO talent whatsoever. I want people who can really sing and can write their own music. Im a Journey fan...
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:28 AM on May. 26, 2009