I have 2 little boys, and I imagine my life with them when they are teenagers,

Do you have only boys too?, are they close to you?, do you share activities with them?. do you spend tme with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My boys are 7 and almost 5 and I wonder about this. I'm close with them now, but I wonder what things will be like in 10 years. I'm a single mom, and I'm always trying to do stuff with them but don't always feel its appreciated. When I was a kid, my mom had to work and I missed out on a lot of quality time I would have liked to have had. I know my kids don't realize right now how lucky they are, but someday I hope they do.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:30 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My son is 13, soon to be 14. He is still very much a momma's boy! We have always been close, I was a single mom until he was 8 years old and I was mom and dad to him.
    Ginger, all kids act like they don't apprecitate stuff but I can tell you my son can tell me the things I done for him when I was a single mom.And you're right a boy needs quality time with their mom, a mother shapes her son. I could not ask for a better son, there have been times I wanted to drop kick his ass, but he is my life and I can tell you that boys are closer to their mom most of the time
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:40 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Mine are now 19 & 14 and it is difficult knowing soon they will both be gone doing their own thing. Don't know what I will do with myself at all???
    njt320

Answer by njt320 at 8:36 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My son will be 13 in July and we are very close. We talk about everything and anything. We watch movies, go to dinner or just hang out. His friends even like hanging with me and know that they can ask me anything and what they tell me stays with me unless I feel that they are being harmed or they are harming someone else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son is the youngest by 10 years so he is almost like an only child. He was always a "mamma's boy" and I thought he always would be, but then............PUBERTY! UGH!

He is almost 13 and I've had a really hard time dealing with him growing up and "pulling away" from me. He would much rather be with his friends than with his parents. Doesn't want to sit by me and watch TV, no random hugs as he runs out the door, no more priceless glitter and macaroni artwork. I know this is normal but just wanted to warn you that it does happen and there isn't much you can do about it.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:27 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have two sons with a daughter in between. We are all extremely close. We were very involved in their lives and we still are. The key is to not send your children to events but to go with them. You don't have to hover. They will know that you are there because of your interest in them and your concerns for them. As they get older, let them invite their friends to your house. Our home was the main entertainment center for all of our children even when they were in college. Let them bring their friends home for meals. It takes a little more effort but the results are well worth it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:58 PM on May. 26, 2009

• teenage girls are worse, be glad you dont have girls, thats all you need to do. Everytime, when they are teens, think about what it woud be like if they were girls. PMSing, being permiscuous, makeup, thongs, sex, pregnancy, boys, DRAMA, and dont forget about acne, because that hell for some people.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 4:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• No, my teens are my girls. My boys are younger. I think God knew what he was doing. I get hell for the first two and then get to slide through with the last two...or wait, maybe God is trying to kill me?....LOL. My older dd is good but sometimes I lay awake at night wondering what shes doing and what shes saying to others when I am not around. Maybe he wanted me to be younger when dealing with my girls...I really dont know what he was thinking. My kids and I are close but sometimes I think they have secret lives that dont involve me....ya know? LIke their alter egos come out when they are school. Keep close to the boys, be open about taboo subjects, always be honest when they ask, give them age appropriate info but dont bury your head in the sand, love them unconditionally, let them know that even if the rest of the world doesnt think so, their mom thinks their great!!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have two sons, 11 and 9. I homeschooll them. We read together, swim together, play board games together , play video games, and watch videos.

We are very close and we talk about everything. I am taking every day one at a time to enjoy them.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 7:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have 3 boys: 25, 22, and 14. We are all close. I was very strict on them when they were young. I was determined they would not "walk all over" me so I tried very hard to teach them respect. I had fun and laughed with them. We all did stuff together. My husband and I love NASCAR and Scouting so that gave us all common ground. I let them know when they did well and when they didn't. I demanded their best effort and would accept nothing less. Two are grown and gone. We talk almost every day. They are great men, and we are enjoying a wonderful adult relationship. I am looking forward to the same with my 14 year old. He is a great kid who has a wonderful sense of humor. I hoped for this 25 years ago when I brought the first one home. Be tough and gentle and all will be well.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:28 PM on May. 26, 2009