Are there any Scientologists here on cafemom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not that I have ever seen.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:22 AM on May. 26, 2009

• They're probably afraid to show themselves for fear of attack.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:42 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Using CafeMom is probably forbidden...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Yeah, Tom Cruise probably wrote an edict against using Cafe Mom. Unless they worship at his feet,he's not gonna let anyone do anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 26, 2009

• And that is why no one will say "here I am, I'm a Scientologists" because of you two anonymous.

ElsbethS

Answer by ElsbethS at 10:06 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Sorry, but it was admitted by the founder of the "religion" himself that he did it only to make money. I feel sorry for anyone who gets wrapped up in it.

And I believe that strongly enough to not post anon :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:23 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I can safely say that Scientology is one of the "religions" I truely consider a cult. I try and have respect for everyone's ideas and beliefs, but this one has so much negativity associated with it, that its very hard for me to overcome my predjudice against it.

John Travolta is one, and he seems like a good person, and so does his wife....so I can't completely write off Scientology as "bad"...BUT since they are (in general) secretive about thier practices/beliefs its hard for me to make an educated decision on where I stand on followers of that "religion". I CAN say that I would not refuse to be friends with a person just because they are Scientologists. But, then again, I think their practice limits their friendships with those that do not follow Scientology...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree with ozarkgirl. I consider it a cult but I know the Travoltas are good people so maybe its not too bad. Stil they are very secretive and the beliefs we do know gives off the cultish over tones.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• ozarkgirl and pnwmom...I don't think it's the FOLLOWERS who are bad. I consider them victims (and gullible ones at that...but anyway). The founders and others in charge of it are the ones who are the "bad" people. You have to PAY money to keep learning about the religion. They don't even tell you what they believe in the beginning until you are too far along to turn back. I don't see how anyone could fall for a "religion" who's prophet is a science fiction writer!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:31 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I actually looked into it. I don't recommend EVER letting them get a foot in your door, let alone anything else. Ugh! You'll never hear the end of them.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 7:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009