how long does it take for pre natal vitamins to get into your system?

I'm taking some really good ones that are for sensitive tummies, I can take up to six a day. Hubby says he wants to wait till they are in my system before we try for baby number two.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:59 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it varies on the person. 'Cause ya know how everyone's body is different. When I took them I swear it had to be only a few minutes that passed and I was feeling so gosh darn NAUSEATED! I wish I could find those kind because the kind I got were big pink horse pill perscriptions and so gut-wrenching. I hope my answer helps! :( Lol sorry if it doesn't, I tryed.
    Mama2be_23

Answer by Mama2be_23 at 9:38 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I have always heard to take them 3 months before you start trying. GL!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:22 AM on May. 26, 2009

• When your taking vitamins they get into your system right away. Thats the joys of pills. =) So your good to start trying. The only difference if you wait longer is that the levels will go up a little bit higher But i dont see it being that big of a difference and it dosnt hurt to try now =) Good luck and hope it happens for you soon!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:59 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My doctor recommends 3 months prior to conception due to folic acid. 3 mo prior greatly reduces the chances of birth defects.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:43 PM on May. 26, 2009