WHY IS IT A BIG DEAL IF I DO NOT POST PICS OR INFO ABOUT MY KIDS??

Hi all, new to CM. I have three little kids, and I will gladly talk about them, BUT I choose to NOT post their pics or information (there's one shot of my oldest son in my avatar with me), because I would rather keep them private. Some people are telling me they think people who do this are not really CM moms, but men!! I can ASSURE you all I am who I say I am. Does anyone else here go through this, all because we want to protect our kids??

Hope12345

Asked by Hope12345 at 7:43 AM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• You are 100% right. As my 13 year old would say, there are a lot of creepers in the world.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 AM on May. 26, 2009

• The only time I have a problem with it is when the mom has nothing posted-no interests, no statement about her, no kids, nothing at all. And I only care when I am accepting applications to my group. I want to be sure they are legitimate moms! It wouldn't bother me if you had no info about your kids but somewhere mentioned that you did have children. Besides, you can be on cafemom and be trying to have a kid-but you don't have any at all.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:54 AM on May. 26, 2009

• In my opinion a man can pull up random pics of people and kids and claim he is a woman and those are his children, so it's ridiculous to think that just because someone doesn't they are a man. I try and keep my profile as private as possible, but I have not updated my pics in a while and I really don't think I feel comfortable sharing any new pics... like a previous poster said, too many creepers in the world.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 8:00 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Exactly why I stay Anon. Nobody needs to know anything about me or my family. I just like to give advice and if I have a question, I love the advice that is given to me. And I don't hide behind the Anon button and bash people. I'm not that kind of person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Well, I do have to know somethings to approve apps just like the pp said, but in my personal opinion, it doesnt bother me to have pics of my kids up. There are only pictures, no real information about them. I havent put where I live, or even my name, but it really doesnt bother me. No one can do anything to the pictures but look at them. I can also choose to have my detailed profile private to outside sources too, and only allow friends to look at it. I just dont feel unsafe about having pictures of my kids up.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:00 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Well, actually I have never thought about it that way before. I don't have any info about myself, my husband or my child on my page because I can't because of my husbands job, and because after he explained some stuff to me, I don't want any of that information on the internet. I used to have a different SN with information about my family and I changed it. It really just isn't a safe option for my family. And honestly, people can think what they want about me, it doesn't bother me in the least.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 9:16 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I totally agree I am not putting much info about my kids out on the web anyone can read this stuff. I have done searches before just looking for info about something and I can't believe how many personnel photos pop up. I do have a few pics of my baby but I probably won't ever update.
    iluvmy5rugrats

Answer by iluvmy5rugrats at 9:41 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Actually, you CAN steal people's pics by right clicking on them and hitting save picture as. I know someone on MySpace that this happened to. Someone stole all her baby's pics and used them as their own!!!! It's her experience that made me keep my kids anonymous.
    Hope12345

Answer by Hope12345 at 9:51 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i only think it's strange if there is no info at all in the profile. i have had pics stolen so i understand.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:49 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I choose to keep my info private as well --Too many weird people out there!
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 11:27 AM on May. 26, 2009