2 year old and baths? HELP?!?!?!

my daughter is 2 and refuses to wash her hair. She never used to have a problem with it, and now she will SCREAM BLOODY MURDER... Seriously, you would think someone was trying to kill her! I can't take it anymore but I don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice, I would love it! THANKS SO MUCH!

DMEMcDuffie09

Asked by DMEMcDuffie09 at 8:26 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try laying her down in the tub so the water isn't hitting her face, our make her look up so it runs back. One way or another she needs it done so its all in what you have or haven't tried. Our daughter is 8 months and we just dump it over her head, if she cries then she cries and once its over with she gets over it. Maybe try washing it in the sink or something as well. If you have a detachable shower head see if you can use that instead. If not let her cry, she will get over it as she needs her hair washed.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:45 AM on May. 26, 2009

• this is what i would do if it was my daughter but i dont know how you feel about spanking...when she started to scream i would pop her on the but not to hard and if she did it again i would get a lil harder next time. if that didnt work i would make her go to time out intill she let me wash her hair. i do have a daughter that it almost two but so far she still loves her baths. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing for a while, she did eventually get over it. You could try letting her rinse your hair, or try singing a song while rinsing. They have neat little rinsing cups that have a soft edge that conforms to the child's head, so water doesn't run into their eyes. Be creative, and keep going despite the screaming. She'll get over it. :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 11:13 AM on May. 26, 2009