How much did your child weigh at their 1 year check-up?

My daughter has her's in a lil bit and i'm trying to get an idea of what to expect. She's a lil hefty,lol! She has cankles,lol!

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 8:56 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe the rule is by 1 year they triple their birth weight. If that is the case my daughter was 8.13 at birth and is now 22 lbs and she is 8 months old. So by a year she should be 25 to 26 lbs to be in the normal range. So I guess it depends on the birth weight of your daughter. My daughter has cankles as well along with thighs that look like ham-hawks and the nice little fat wrists that look like a rubber band is stuck between her wrist and arm.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:59 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughter weighed 6.10 at birth but at 9 mths she was already 26 lbs. so I don't know where this is gonna lead to,lol! She's always been waaaay off the weight charts. She also has the wrists that look like someone put a rubber band around them and I can't put her in shorts unless i cut the leg holes because her thighs are so chubby,lol! She's been walking since she was 9 mths and doesn't look any thinner,so I don't know,lol!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 9:05 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My three weighed somewhere between 25 and 27lbs, depending on which one.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:07 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My 15 month old is very small, at 1 year he was 17 lb. something. I think he's only like 19-20 lb. something now.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:17 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My first was about 17 lbs
    My second was about 25 lbs
    My third was about 24 lbs
    My fourth was about 18 lbs, and hes 3 now and still only weighs 32 lbs.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:19 AM on May. 26, 2009

• my first was 15 lbs at 1 year... he was 6lb 15 oz at birth....

my second is only 10 months and already 20lbs!!!! he was 6lb 11oz at birth....

weird...

my first had a hard time gainign weight though even now at 3 he is only 29lbs
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:42 AM on May. 26, 2009

• A one year old should have cankles, she should still be covered in all sorts of cute little deposits of fat, even on the soles of her feet. Your doctor will tell you where she is on the growth curve, and if doc thinks there's a problem, they will tell you. As long as you teach your baby good eating habits, and don't overindulge in sugars, there is no reason to worry about a baby being "fat."
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 11:06 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Ok everyone....She is still 26lbs and getting taller! She is in the 95th percentile for her weight and in the 90th percentile for her height. The doctor said she is doing well and I am feeding her properly. She is talking and devoloping very well. Just an update,lol!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 3:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have a peanut, I think she was...maybe...17 lbs. She's about 25 lbs now and she's 30 months old.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 4:57 PM on May. 26, 2009