how can i find a real at home job with no or very little money to start with

i am a 40 year old mother of 4 and work at a grocery store, i have been there forever and i am looking to make money from home does anyone have any IDEAS,thanks lisa

momupnorth

Asked by momupnorth at 9:12 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am 47 & wanted a "change of life". I was tired of Insurance that I hve been in for 18 yrs. I took a leap of faith and REALLY loving what I did.... Complete change,,,but it is working for me.
    I sell SCENTSY the wickless candle, the reason mostly was the commission is good & easy bcause it sells itself... I just have to put myself out there.
    My criteria was a job that: gave me freedom to do what I wanted, MONEY (of course) and something FUN that I wld love doing.
    I started last yr and made Director in 1 yr. because "it sells itself". I am not the party person, so I sell it in other ways which has paid off. But started doing parties b-cause so many requested it.....now I do it all...
    Think of something U really want to do ~~~ THEN DO IT! Take that LEAP......Don't be afraid, but at least TRY!!!!
    I train everyone on my team to be a Director! I wnt everyone to LIVE THEIR D
    my web is: www.scentsy.com/6401
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 9:25 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Working from home is the biggest blessing. I get to still add income to the family AND raise my daughter and soon to be 2 daughters :). The best tip I can give you is to think about what it is you would like to do and maybe some things that you DON"T want to do. For me I wanted full control over when I worked and I didn't want to make any cold calls or sell anything. That will really help you narrow your search!! There are so many different groups on here with great ideas. Feel free to stop by my page if you want to talk or have any questions about what I get to do :)
    www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:34 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am 49 (50 this month) and am a sahm of one, she is 4. I wanted a home business and chose Gold Canyon. Have a look at my web site and if it's something you might be interested in, send me a message and I'll forward you some information on how you can join this month for Free.

There are a lot of home businesses out there but you need to find what you like and start your research from there.

Marianne Corns
    www.mygc.com/mariannecorns
    rmcorns@gmail.com
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 9:46 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Hey momupnorth! My name is Kim and I'm with Gold Canyon. I just sent you a PM! Take a look. I'd love to chat with you and see if Gold Canyon might be a fit.

Kim Niehaus
    kim.niehaus@goldcanyon.us
    justkima

Answer by justkima at 9:55 AM on May. 26, 2009

• You came to the right place for ideas, you'll get lots of answers. I work at home part time, it's not full time income replacement but it's also free and I don't have to sell anything, so I love it. You can read about the companies I work for at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:08 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Well.. I'm going to tell you about another candle co! DiamondCreek Candles is 100% free to start, with no investment. So please check out my journal.  

Also, visit Nicole's Job Fair for a few other home businesses to look at, and if you don't find anything there, click on the link to Sabrina's closet, she's got home jobs & businesses.  You should definitely find something to fit your lifestyle if you look around in these places.  Good luck!  I'm sure you'll find something!

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:25 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am a mom of 2, a 5 and a 2 year old. I understand your hurt about wanting to be home and I have found a business at home that I started. It has received an award from the Better Business Bureau for its example of ethics and integrity when dealing with emplyees, customers, and the the community. I would love to help you and team up with you to get you to the income you desire! You can call me at 219-923-2039 or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com or visit my website at www.beingunited.com and I can get you more information. I would love to help you!
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 10:49 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Try www.Sabrinas-Closet.info There's a huge list of legit WAH Job companies there. All are legit but it might take a moment to get through them all to find to one you want...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:10 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I have a couple of thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business?I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 6:02 PM on May. 26, 2009