How soon is too soon

I was just wondering how old your children were before you left them with somebody for a short time. My baby is 3months old, and I have to leave him with somebody; as we are moving, and I need at least an hour to at least get some packing done. How did you deal with the feelings of leaving them for the first time??...Thank you

daretodream_25

Asked by daretodream_25 at 9:16 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i cried and went about my evening. lol.
    JanetG.

Answer by JanetG. at 9:26 AM on May. 26, 2009

• It's totally fine if you feel comfortable with the person. The main reason I've always waited was because of breastfeeding purposes. But I did short periods of time at 2-3 months (it made me kind of crazy, but my babies were fine). My girls always did fine with bottles of expressed breastmilk, too, but I tried not to do it too much so as not to throw off the feeding on-demand... You're fine leaving her to pack some boxes or move some things, I wouldn't worry about it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:28 AM on May. 26, 2009

• When our baby was 2 weeks old, we left her with my Mom and another time with my mother in law. I left her for 3 hours the 1st time...and 8 hours the 2nd time. Both times (as is with everytime) were difficult to leave her, but I knew I needed to. I did not call to check on her at all while I was out, because I did not want the Grand ma's to feel that I didn;t trust them, and I knew that if they needed me, they would call.
    Mrs.Captain

Answer by Mrs.Captain at 10:09 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Mine is almost 3 months and is in daycare full-time starting today. She has been left with my MIL since she was pretty young.
    Anonymous

• Thank you all...I am nervous, but I am sure everything will be fine. I trust the person, and I know it is just jitters!!!
    daretodream_25

Answer by daretodream_25 at 4:13 PM on May. 26, 2009