How would you cook these?

I love zucchini and squash but don't know how to prepare it. I have only tasted them at restaurants.

How to prepare zucchini and squash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I slice them, put them in a skillet (nonstick) and then I use about 4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt pepper, onions, 2 teaspoons of garlic and I saute them.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:29 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I personally don't like them. But have cooked them for dh.
    Olive oil is good, but veggie oil works too... just a bit (tbl spoon)
    I slice and dip in egg and either flour or bread crumbs (whatever is handy) and
    fry med heat both sides until done. salt and pepper for taste.
    I also have put parsley and a pinch of garlic on them too...

You can also oven bake them at 325 degrees 20 mins on each side or until lightly browned
    you can also dip them as above before baking....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:52 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I slice them up into approx 1/2" - 1" thick rounds toss them in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill. Usually I add other veggies too...red onion, eggplant, mushrooms...any combo of those.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:56 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I love them! There is so much that you can do with them.

For zucchini: Cut them into sticks and dip into hummus or salad dressing. Shred to put in salads, on pizza, in sauces, in soups, in quesadillas; slice thin to use in lasagne; grill. I will list a few recipes, you can send me note if you would like any: zucchini brownies, zucchini casserole, creamy zucchini lasagne, zucchini and spinach soup, lentils with zucchini, marinated zucchini salad,

There are a gazillion kinds of squashes; if you let me know what kind you have, I can forward recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:32 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i cut them in cubes or slices, put them in some bacon grease with some garlic salt, cajun seasoning, and chives or green onions. that's the simplist way but you can google any recipes at allrecipes.com
    it's a great site
    jewjewbees

Answer by jewjewbees at 12:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• THERE ARE SOME GOOD RECIPES ON LINE TO FIX THEM!!!!!! I HAVE TAKEN THEM AND ADD DIFFERNET VEGS TOGTHER, FOR A PASTAS DISH, I'VE STUFFED DIFFERNET KINDS OF VEGS AND BAKED THEM AS WELL.
    HLYNN482

Answer by HLYNN482 at 2:03 PM on May. 26, 2009

• THERE ARE SOME GOOD RECIPES ON LINE TO FIX THEM!!!!!! I HAVE TAKEN THEM AND ADD DIFFERNET VEGS TOGTHER, FOR A PASTAS DISH, I'VE STUFFED DIFFERNET KINDS OF VEGS AND BAKED THEM AS WELL. TRY TO EVEN DEEP FRY THEM WITH SOME VEGS ON THE SIDE.. WITH WHAT EVER KIND OF MEAT YOU LIKE.
    HLYNN482

Answer by HLYNN482 at 2:04 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I fry bacon in the pan, cut them up in peices, leave the grease in there. Slice your yellow squash up in round slices, slice up an onion in that. Cover and cook on low-med heat. It takes a while to cook down. They shrink ALOT! This is how we do it in NC. It's southern. (not healty, but VERY tasty!)LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:04 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Oooh!  Oooh!  Pick this one! lol  I got this recipe out of the Kraft Food magazine that they send out periodically.  I don't like zucchini, but I LOVED it made this way!  Cheesy and delicious!

Farmer's Market Squash Sautée

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:18 AM on May. 27, 2009