Anyone know if you can get LPN certified by taking a class like the CNA for like acouple months i think it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• The 2 are different licenses. Cna is a certified nursing assistant while lpn is a licensed practical nurse. Different programs and requirments.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am an LPN and it took me a little over two years to get all the prerequisites for the nursing program and then the actualy nursing classes.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 9:58 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Laws vary by state; most states require an associates degree in nursing to qualify to take the LPN licensing exam.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I looked into LPN and minimum there was a class that was full time at an institute and took a year. Now most are 2 years at community colleges so I am not sure if that effects who hires you or not.

If your a CNA go get a job at long term facitility and they would probably pay for you to go get your LPN
    Anonymous