Can a umfaithful husband be forgiven for cheating????

who has forgiven there husband for cheating????was it worth it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Well in order to forgive someone, you have to take a look at how the marriage wass before hand, 9 out of 10 times, an affair is only a symptom of a problem. It takes a lot of communications, and SELF honesty to get passed it. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:45 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes you can forgive but not forget you will always wonder if he will do it again.

I was married once before and I forgave then he did it again so I had to move on no one has to put up with their shit.

Once a cheater always a cheater, some change yes but not for me once they do it they'll do it again. The trust is gone. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:46 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I forgave my husband, but I have MAJOR trust issues now. I can't forget what he did, even though he says he will never do it again, I just can't throw myself 100% out there again. But, I do believe everyone deserves a second chance....just not 4, 5, 6 times. I also gave that many chances.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes, you can forgive, and in some instances, you can have a better marriage than you had before. The old "once a cheater, always a cheater" line is not the truth. Sometimes, men cheat because their wives have not properly understood how to meet their needs, so they went looking somewhere else. Men are people, too, and they do have feelings. I'm not justifying adultery. It's always wrong, no matter what the circumstances, but it is sometimes understandable. I think the key to getting over it is to be gut honest with your husband. Ask the hard questions: Was there something you needed from me that I wasn't giving? Was there something of which I was giving too much, like advice? Was I tearing you down rather than building you up? You may have done everything perfectly and it still happened, but by asking those kinds of questions, you will open up new lines of communications which are vital to marriage.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:06 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I forgave my husband it has been a nightmare. We are divorcing now. I tried for 6 years to keep things together but he is just a miserable person. I allowed him to make me feel the affair was my fault. I have been raising twins that the other woman had as a result of their affair. She ran off and I was allowed to adopt them. He found another half wit to cheat with a few months ago she is now pregnant. He is "in love" with her. I packed all his stuff when he went to work had the locks changed and he found his bags on the front porch. He was in shock. He had no planned on leaving me since I am the wealthy one thanks to my grandfather. He found out he does not get a dime of the money since it was kept seperate in my trust account. His girlfriend dumped him when she found out they won't get the 20 million they thought they would. I had my will changed so if he tried to harm me he would not get a dime through the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My now fiance cheated on me EARLY in our relationship...it was like 3 months into our relationship. We took a short break for me to clear my head, and then I took him back. It was hard to get over that kind of damage, and we went through hell and back. I've never experienced a more painful emotional time in my life, and that was more than 4 years ago.

We worked things out, because we knew we loved each other. Now, more than 4 years later, we have a 6 mo old son & are getting married in just 3 months.

Men CAN change---that change is just growing up and maturing---if they want to keep what they have. But they have to WANT it, you can't MAKE someone change, it just not possible.

It takes time...a very long time. It probably took me a good 2 years to be completely over it and be able to talk about it or think about it without crying.

Now we're doing great, I know he loves me and I'm the only one for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't think I will ever forgive my ex-husband for being unfaithful.
    WifeNMommy52606

Answer by WifeNMommy52606 at 11:34 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Can an unfaithful husband be forgiven for cheating...

NOT IF HE WAS MINE!!

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:02 PM on May. 26, 2009