Whey protein...How do you use it?

I recently started my weight loss mission and a friend suggested I added Whey Protein after exercising but after researching I got like a million other ways to use it...like twice a day and everyday even if not exercising...so im confused to say the least.

Do you use it? if so how?

Thanks in advance!

bumblebeestingu

Asked by bumblebeestingu at 10:05 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I use EAS Pure Whey powder ( you can get it cheaper at Sams Club). You can use it in tons of ways but how I use it is just 1 shake 90 min before my workout and one shake after. A shake is 8-10 oz of water and 2 scoops (in the packet) of the powder. Other ways are to add the powder to things you eat like yogurt, pancake mixes ( I make these cleam eating pancakes), drinks like smoothies with fruit in them and things like that. If you get the vanilla you can add it to more but the chocolate flavor tastes better to me. It helps build muscle so you can lean out easier and it has tons of things in it to help repair your muscles after a workout as well. If you have any more questiosn just ask.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 1:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Protien also helps you feel fuller longer because it takes longer for your body to digest. It aids in the repair of muscles. I only have it after I work out.
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 2:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I use Unjury or GNC Whey Protein powders in a shake. It's great after working out.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Most Americans consume WAY too much protein and not enough whole grains, fiber, fruits and vegetables. I urge you to do your own research on this topic. Here is an article to help you get started: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=11234

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 PM on May. 28, 2009