Kids out of school yet?

Today is the official first day of summer for my kids. Their last day was Friday. So we are now bored. Are your kids out of school? If so, what do you do to pass the summer time? What activities do you involve them in ? I need some ideas. My kids are 14, 11, 7 and 3.

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 10:07 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Last yr we bought the biggest round pool at Walmart, it was a life saver!!! We just got finished cleaning it and getting it ready to fill. We aren't taking it down this yr when the seasons over. We only did last yr because it was leaning a little bit. Anyway it saves gas driving back and forth, we don't have to go anywhere for the kids to have fun. So there's my solution to boredom,lol..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:29 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Three more days, but today is a field day. Mine will have his first summer to sleep in late and play at home instead of getting up early and heading to daycare, we'll see how long it takes for the novelty of that to wear off.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I live in the suburbs of Buffalo, NY and my son's last day of school is June 23rd.
    Geea

Answer by Geea at 11:17 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Mine are out next wednesday. They have half days for exams starting this Friday. I can't wait!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:43 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Last day for my kindergartener is next Wed. Then she graduates next Thursday (no school, just the ceremony and party afterwards). The rest of the kids have a half day next Friday and then they are done.

We don't do anything during the summer. It's too cold right now to even open the pool. We'll probably do that mid-June sometime. Other then swimming when it's warm they just ride their bikes and play outside until dark. Just lazy days. I boot them out after breakfast and they are outside most of the day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My kids last day isn't until 6/24. Then they'll go to camp 3 days a week and we have a pool in our yard, so they'll be busy.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 1:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My girls don't finish until June 12th.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:14 PM on May. 26, 2009