Do you ever turn on the tv for your toddler just so you can get the floor swept or mopped or something like that (you CANT ALWAYS clean when they are sleeping.. or it piles up too much)?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:09 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sure do. Not that it keeps my kid busy for very long, but when I really have to get homework done I pop in a movie for him.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:10 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i think that we all let the TV babysit our kids once in a while. and if there really are women that don't... well more power to 'em then! i have 16 mo. old twins plus 2 kids and 3 stepkids. my twins take only 1 nap a day, and that used to be my time for housework... not anymore! now that time is ME time, to take a nice LONG shower or just sit and vegetate! so my twins sit in front of the TV for a half hr. a day and it's even become part of a comfy routine for them. they get their afternoon milk and watch sesame street for a bit, and i do the things i can't do with them following behind me. as long as its not excessive it's not a big deal.jmo.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 10:13 AM on May. 26, 2009

• every day.... i also put up the baby gate in teh play room so they cant get out... not all day but when i need a 10 min break or i need to go down to do laundry or the floors are wet...keeps us all sane
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:14 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I put a movie in for my daughter if I need to do dishes or clean or something. She's 13 months old but she loves her cartoons especially Spongebob. I also let her crawl around the living room and dining room and put all her toys out for her to play with and she loves doing that. Sometimes I'll put her in her walker and she'll come hang out with me in the kitchen while I'm doing dishes and I'll talk with her while I'm cleaning. She doesn't walk yet so that's why I use the walker and she can roam around the whole house too.
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 11:00 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Uhg,..I wish!the Tv won't get my son's attention for ANYTHING in the world!! I HAVE to wait til he's sleeping.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I do the same thing. Mine is 17 months and loves Backyardigans and Wubzzy. It's nice you can still get stuff done! I don't thinks there is anything wrong with letting your kids watch TV as long as it's not excessive.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Never. He's able to entertain himself--playing, looking at books, etc.--while I do housework.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 1:37 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't use TV to do house work, but I do use it to get the triplets out of the bathtub each night and to drink their last milk sippy. Nemo is a great motivator for my water obessed babies to get out of the tub and then I can dress them in peace because they are fully involved in the movie!
    gkm15099

Answer by gkm15099 at 3:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I told myself I never would, but I sure do! She loves movies. It gives me time to clean or have a conversation with my husband or just chill out with her.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 4:51 PM on May. 26, 2009