How to get her to eat solid foods

My daughter will be one on July 12th and she can not handle anything larger than a pea size amount of food. Any thing bigger than that she gags. What can I do to get her more accustomed to solid foods? I am worried especially since she will be turning one soon and I want to get her off the bottle. Any suggestions?

ZOSO

Asked by ZOSO at 9:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im assuming that she is past eating baby jarred or homemade baby food?
    Try something sweet like carrots or applesauce to start.
    You may also want to have the ped check her out as well, almost sounds like she has a very sensative gag reflex. Just a thought =)
    New2WAHJ

Answer by New2WAHJ at 10:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• She does eat jars of baby food. Its just finger foods that she has a problem with. I will check with the doc then. Thanks!
    ZOSO

Answer by ZOSO at 10:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You just have to try everyday a little at a time-she might not for a month or more but eventually she will-my dd did-it took a while but everyday at the same time try and try and try. She might not like everything youre trying to feed her either so keep that in mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I started my DS out on just puffs. Because he never really gagged on them and I had heard almost-choking scares with those teething biscuits. I gave him cheerios once I noticed that he chewed the puffs and then started feeding him more solid type foods. Does your daughter chew yet?
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 1:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2008