We are naming on next son Dawson.. would you assume he was named after the tv show? Do you think kids will even know what that is when he gets older?

this will be his name but ive heard a few people say hes gonna get teased cuz of the tv show dawsons creek and i was asked if i named him after the show -- i didnt i never even got into that show just liked the name

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:10 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well im 23 and never watched the show... i dont associate that name with it so i doubt kids will even know there was a show in 10-15 years. i think its a cute name thats all
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:13 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm sure kids 16 years from now wont even know what it is... I wouldnt worry about it
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 10:14 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I do not think they will,that is 10 or so years from now.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I've mentioned before my son is named Dawson. We have had a few questions if we got his name from the show, but not many. And I don't think when our children are older they will have any idea about the show.... even if they do know about the show, they will probably think it's cool that a show has their same name.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:22 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i didnt even think that when i read it, till you said it.. no i dont think ppl will think the tv show, im 29 and never have even lookd/watchd/seen anything about that show.. i say go for it..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:38 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughters best friend has a little bro and his name is dawson. Hes 18 mos old or so. I didnt even think of that show when I heard his name. That show is so old and out of date. Its like saying if you name a child Dylan they are going to associate with 90210....Its nuts. Its too long ago.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:13 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I watched that show every day and totaly forgot about the name! so i think your safe!!! it's a good name!
    MrsJenL

Answer by MrsJenL at 11:37 AM on May. 26, 2009

• No, I doubt it. Maybe their parents will vaguely remember the show, but the kids def. will not. As an example, I asked my teenage cousin a few years ago if she knew who Madonna was and she didn't!
    Anonymous

• I dont know I named my son Owen and everyone is like "oh like owen wilson?" and its not because of him just happened to like the name, most people probably havent seen dawsons creek
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 2:16 PM on May. 26, 2009