Am I crazy to be trying for baby #2?

My son is 18 months old. I've always wanted my kids to be 2 years apart like me and my brother were. We were (and still are) really close! =) And I love that bond. I don't really have it with my little brother who is 9 years younger than me. Me and my husband have decided to start trying for baby #2. =D I'm excited! We will be moving soon to a bigger place. The only part of this whole thing that seems a bit different is that my son has autism. It takes him awhile to get used to new people. I'm pretty sure it will be okay once he gets used to it. I'm just hopping for the best. We are hoping for a girl this time...but we'll see what happens! lol. So am I crazy to want another child right now when my son is only 18 months old and has autism?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:23 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No you are not crazy GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 26, 2009

• hey its angel no i dont think its crazy i have an autistic son also.. make sure u include him in everything possible
    the first part of the new babies life is going to be a little rough but he will adapt
    please feel free to message me anytime i could use a friend who really understands right now. and i know you would because of us both having kids on spectrum
    zabees_angel

Answer by zabees_angel at 10:32 AM on May. 26, 2009

• No. You are not crazy. My son has Asperger's Disorder, he is high functioning in many ways, but is still a child with autism. We also have a two-and-a-half year old daughter, and having her around has made all the difference for Tyler. She connects with him in ways that an adult cannot, and even though they have their sibling rivalry moments (no toy is more desirable than the one your sibling is having fun with!) they have even MORE moments of laughing, bonding, plotting, imagining and playing. She brings him out of his shell more and more every day, and they learn from eachother. Sure, there are times when he needs to be alone, and he just ignores her, but as she gets older we'll be able to explain to her that sometimes he needs quiet time. They are both amazing, beautiful, and very silly. And she has made both our family complete. Best of luck and love to you!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 10:37 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Of course not! What's meant to happen will happen. Good luck.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:16 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Crazy? No. But I would keep in mind that individual personality traits play a big part in how close siblings are. It isn't always gender or age difference. It is more commonalities.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i dont think you are crazy for wanting another child...we women cannot help it, its biological or soemething. we are designed to be mothers, to want more children, that is jsut nature. I want a child of my own so bad I cant stand it, and my and my DH are trying to concieve now, after battling infertility for four years now, tried medicine and am facing Pcos...so good luck to you, no matter waht you decide
    Anonymous